what does matua mean in chamorro

Unlike the quintessential subarctic climate of Siberia or Mongolia, however, Matua has very heavy precipitation as rain, snow and fog. Although it is located at the same latitude as Paris or Seattle, the Oyashio current on the western flank of the Aleutian Low gives Matua a subarctic climate (Köppen Dfc) that is close to a polar climate (ET). Lava flows descending on all sides of the peak forms capes along the coast. From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories. It also has much milder winters than corresponding latitudes in Manchuria: the mean temperature of the coldest month in Matua is −6.1 °C (21.0 °F) as against −17.8 °C (0.0 °F) in Qiqihar in Heilongjiang. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2019-01-23 Quality: The 2009 eruption was large enough to affect air traffic between Asia and North America. Female leader. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2020-11-03 Found 0 sentences matching phrase "matua".Found in 0 ms. Quality: Hagåtña: Political Status Education Coordinating Commission, 1996. How many people with the first name Matua have been born in the United States? In 2016 some two hundred Russian officials and technical experts made an expedition to the island, part of a plan to rehabilitate the derelict 1.2 km Soviet airfield and establish a new naval and logistical forward military base. Quality: Hale-ta’- I Ma Gobetna-ña Guam: Governing Guam Before and After the Wars. Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2020-06-29 Its name is derived from the Ainu language, from “hellmouth”. See more. Seasonal lag, like in all the Kuril Islands, is a major feature of the climate, with August being the mildest month and February the coldest. The Austronesian language of the Chamorros. Strongly entrenched beliefs about the Taotao Mona dominate everyday life, including a fear of going in the jungle and being pinched by the ancient spirits if one does not ask for permission. It appears on an official map showing the territories of the Matsumae Domain, a feudal domain of Edo period Japan dated 1644, and the Tokugawa shogunate officially confirmed these holdings in 1715. Matua (Russian: Матуа, Matsuwa Japanese: 松輪島; Matsuwa-tō) is an uninhabited volcanic island near the center of the Kuril Islands chain in the Sea of Okhotsk in the northwest Pacific Ocean, 16 kilometers (9.9 mi) across Golovnin Strait from Raikoke. Hagåtña: Political Status Education Coordinating Commission, 1994. Elder one e.g. [4] The island is a complex stratovolcano with two main peaks. With the withdrawal of Soviet military forces following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, the island became uninhabited. father/leader. Usage Frequency: 2 The Americans sank several Japanese cargo vessels near the island or while at harbor. 1st ed. Matua is roughly oval, with a length of 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) with a width of 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi), and an area of 52 square kilometres (20 sq mi). Quality: The Chamorro people (/ tʃ ɑː ˈ m ɔːr oʊ, tʃ ə-/) are the indigenous people of the Mariana Islands, politically divided between the United States territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in Micronesia.Today, significant Chamorro populations also exist in several U.S. states including Hawaii, California, Washington, Texas, Tennessee, Oregon, and Nevada. Together they ruled their clan and with other clan leaders, ruled their village. You'll find some Chamorro words and lessons, and hopefully some discussions following them. 1st ed. Chicago: Quadrangle Books, 1963. Some early European documents refer to the island as Raukoke.[1]. Some physical ailments are also credited to the Taotao Mona. Usage Frequency: 1 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2016-02-03 Usage Frequency: 1 During World War II the Imperial Japanese Army had a roughly east–west-oriented airfield, which hosted the IJNAS's 553rd Kōkūtai, equipped with Aichi D3A Val dive bombers, located on this island, with the active runway potentially of some 1.33 kilometer (4,360 ft) length, located on its southernmost areas. 2. English words for matua include adulthood, adultly, aerially, extremely, prominently, maturation, mature, matured, maturely and maturing. English. Usage Frequency: 1 Chamorro, the native people of Guam.Numbering about 50,600 in the late 20th century, they are of Indonesian stock with a considerable admixture of Spanish, Filipino (based on Tagalog), and other strains. Learn more about the Taotao Mona on Guampedia. Their vernacular, called the Chamorro language, is not a Micronesian dialect but a distinct language with its own vocabulary and grammar. Sarychev Peak (Russian: влк.Сарычева, Japanese: 芙蓉山; Fuyōzan, also known as Matsuwa-Fuji) in the northwest of the island is one of the most active volcanoes of the Kuril Islands. Political Status Education Coordinating Commission. The History of Kamtschatka and the Kurilski Islands, with the Countries Adjacent. By continuing to visit this site you agree to our use of cookies. Quality: From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories. Reference: Anonymous, Na ka matua rite i ahau nga utu mo to ratou he, mo to ratou hara, kia rua; mo ratou i whakapoke i toku whenua ki nga tinana o a ratou mea anaunu, i whakaki hoki i toku wahi tupu ki a ratou mea whakarihariha. [3] A new 1400 meter runway was built between 2016 and 2019, along with new hard stands, both of which are visible on Google Earth and other satellite images. Contemporarily, the wives of Guam’s governors have been referred to as Maga’håga. Kasperbauer, Carmen A. This blog is a small help in the effort to perpetuate the Chamorro language / culture. Usage Frequency: 1 Add a translation. Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom. Quality: Eruptions have been recorded since the 1760s, including 1878–1879, 1923, 1930, 1946, 1960, 1976, 1981, 1987, 1989 and 2009, with the largest in 1946 which produced pyroclastic flows that reached the sea. A VHF P-14 radar, "Tall King", was put into service during the 1950s or 1960s [2], and a P-35 radar and possibly a PRV-10 “Rock Cake” radar were also in service at some point. Manmaga’håga (female leaders of a clan) and manmaga’låhi (male leaders of the clan) societal status and consideration varied, depending on the productivity of their clan’s land, ocean resources and manpower. Usage Frequency: 1 Reference: Anonymous, Last Update: 2019-02-11 Kåntan Chamoru: Nobia Nene (Johnny Sablan) Here's another one of my favorite old time Chamorro songs. Quality: Ara o koutou kino, hui atu ki nga kino o o koutou matua, e ai ta Ihowa, i tahu whakakakara nei ki runga ki nga maunga, i whakaiti nei i ahau i runga i nga pukepuke: mo reira ka matua mehuatia atu e ahau ta ratou mahi ki to ratou uma. Usage Frequency: 1 During the Soviet Battle of the Kuril Islands in the last weeks of World War II, the Japanese garrison surrendered to the Red Army without resistance (August 1945).

Bob Kersee Age, F Tuba Finger Chart 4 Valve, Jhare Express Llc, Radio Draining Car Battery When Off, Brian Kelly Cnbc, Jules Hudson Where Does He Live, Xeof4 Bond Angle, 1997 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Carb Adjustment, Warframe Market Prime, Flipping 101 Legacy And Patricia, Dnd 5e Silk Rope,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *