vortex viper pst gen 2 vs razor hd gen 2

The subtensions correlate to the following distances with 556x45mm NATO PMC 55 grain XP193 ball ammunition, and Hornady Match 168 grain AMAX loads in 308 Winchester: 308 Winchester Hornady Match 168 Grain BTHP. Vortex Optics new Razor HD for tactical and 3-Gun, as well as a new first focal plane in the Viper PST line, plus their 3x magnifier for red dots. Against this, you get the Nightforce FFP ATACR 5-25×56 F1 scope, and in the competition I visited, 86% of the Nightforce scopes were an ATACR F1. They're a little better here and a little better there, but in the end, I can't explain why they're better in a rational way. It’s been a while since I’ve looked through a Razor HD Gen II 1-6×24, but I can tell you that the optical performance on that scope blew me away. I didn’t get an exact measurement on battery life while the scope was on my rifles, but Vortex says it will last about 150 hours in regular use. Their VIP warranty (Very Important Promise) will take care of you with no questions asked, anywhere, or anytime. Parallax is non-adjustable, and set at 100 yards. After hunting season ended, the rest of my use with the optic consisted of a few hundred rounds fired from 25 yards to 200 yards, mounted on the AR-15. Using the same scope models in the example above, the PST Gen 1 6-24×50 FFP scope features a maximum elevation adjustment of 65 MOA, while the PST Gen II 5-25×50 FFP model features a maximum elevation adjustment of 70 MOA. Overview and Reviews of Different Rifle Scope Models. TIA. I like them a lot. Vortex introduced the PST Gen 2 scope series at the 2017 SHOT show. It looks good and it does things better than the PST, but in the end, there's a good chance that it will never let you do something you couldn't do with the PST almost just the same. Vortex Viper Gen 2 PST or Razor Gen 2 - Which one? Vortex Optics has answered the call with a spectrum of LPVO choices ready to address different market segments, from small budgets to I-couldn’t-care-less-the-government-pays-for-my-gear levels. They are pretty decent boots. Fair warning, I’ll be going back and forth comparing this scope to the. Light gathering is determined by objective size (both the pst and razor are more than sufficient) and lens coatings. L Tec zero stop which is just a more convenient zero stop to use and adjust than the RZR zero stop. How Much Should I Spend on a Rifle Scope? That’s good enough for me. And the newest version of the Razor HD, the Gen II-E, actually does weigh in less than the PST II. If the Razord HD II is in your budget, it provides a lot more scope for its price than even scopes more expensive than it. The Bergara rifle I'm looking at has an integrated 20 MOA Picatinny rail, factory installed. More popular reticle choices have also been installed as default. ", ____________________________________________________________________________________. If you want the best glass between the two series, then the Gen II scopes are definitely more your speed. Do you have any suggestions? From 2015, Vortex has shaken the market, and their Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 grew by 80% in user preference. Is Vortex still honoring the warranty on the PST Gen 1 scopes? I get these types of questions a far amount at my day job, and one that I seem to be asked quite a bit is this one: What are the differences between the Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 vs Gen 2 scopes? Changing the battery is accomplished by using a nickel or similar “tool” to simply unscrew the center capped portion of the adjustment knob. Compare that to the PST Gen II 5-25×50 FFP model with a FOV range of 24.1 ft to 4.8 ft at 100 yards. Weight discussions like this are rather semantic, though. Their warranty is really outstanding. This works well with the second-focal plane design on the PST II 1-6×24. So in this instance, the wider FOV is for us lesser mortals that need some extra help. Nightforce didn’t make any changes to their already perfect optics, and they do not need any introductions in this area. That being said, the internals on a scope are a mechanical device and, ultimately, moving parts can fail. PST Gen II models include: These are not inexpensive optics, but they are also not out of reach of the serious enthusiast. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It’s that good. What are the differences between the Vortex PST Gen 1 vs Gen 2 scopes? Here's an idea. A little late to the party here, but the biggest difference you are going to see is in the optical quality. Understanding the Differences Between Tikka T1x Scope Mounts, Tikka T1X Scope Rings, and Tikka T1X Scope Bases. This is where Vortex crashes, the weight is a full 10 ounces in favor of the Nightforce, and 10 ounces is a shit load of weight. That's the PST Gen II and the Razor HD II. Why Can’t I Find Any Vortex Fixed Power Scopes? There are 10 settings, with an off position in between each one. It could have been some sort of confirmation bias tied to the “holy grail” of LPVO, but it was nonetheless quite impressive. In addition to being an improvement over the defunct Viper scope series, the PST series was designed to target tactical shooters (and potentially hunters) who wanted a versatile scope for long range at a more budget friendly price compared to some of the upper end Vortex scope models. I hope this makes sense, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Let’s take a look at both of them and decide which one is the better scope. I have a $157 pair of cowboy boots. Optical Quality. The adjustments are located on the side for easier application in the field. /*$2000 scope at the moment when I'm just getting set up. To be clear, it’s not as though the glass on the Gen 1 models was bad in the first place, but Vortex decided to go ahead and upgrade the glass during the Gen II design phase. Like I mentioned earlier, I was able to deer hunt from a stand right up until the season closed, but unfortunately didn’t see anything to shoot. Just know that you won’t be disappointed in the quality for the dollars paid. Well, because the $650 pair of stingray leather boots are fucking awesome and I wanted them. How can I tell the difference between a PST Gen 1 and Gen II scope? From 2015, Vortex has shaken the market, and their Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27×56 grew by 80% in user preference. This one was about 50 yards away, with the scope at 6x. The newer PST Gen 2 scope models feature a wider range of reticle options, especially in the FFP configurations. If you are focusing on long range shooting and want the highest magnification you can get between the two series, then the 2nd generation PST scopes are going to be a better option. It’s so subjective, and for us bloggers that don’t own an optics lab, I’m finding that it really is fairly pointless to wax eloquent about how it appears to our eyes, under our lighting conditions, at our distances, in our humidity, etc. The 2nd generation of the PST scopes were built based on feedback from the Gen 1 owners, new design features, and overall improvements. In short, the second generation of the PST optics showcase an incremental set of improvements that approach Razor HD Gen II feature levels, while keeping the price tag semi-reasonable. Obviously I'm missing something here? Other controls, like the illumination settings, have also been relocated and improved. Well, except for armadillos. Essentially, a perfect waterproof, foolproof and shockproof scope. Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 TMCQ Riflescope PST-14ST-M, Vortex Optics Viper PST 1-4x24 SFP Riflescope - Tactical Turrets - TMCQ MRAD Reticle, Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 Riflescope with TMCQ MOA Reticles, Black, PST-14ST-A, Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 EBR-1 Riflescope PST-416F1-M, Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 Illum EBR-1 MRAD FFP Scope | PST-416F1-M | Ships Free, Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen I 4-16x50 FFP Riflescope - EBR-1 Reticle (MRAD), Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen I 6-24x50 FFP Riflescope - EBR-1 Reticle (MRAD), Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen I 6-24x50 FFP Riflescope - EBR-2C MRAD Reticle, Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen I 6-24x50 FFP Riflescope - EBR-1 Reticle (MOA), Comparison of the Vortex Crossfire II Scopes vs Vortex Diamondback Scopes.

Aprilia Nepal Official Website, Jack Russell Pug Mix Puppy, Ipswich Waterfront Flats For Sale, Sao Progressive Myanimelist, Innova Crysta Tesla Screen, Outdoor Educator Courses, Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way Chords, Knute Rockne All American Full Movie, Bench Press Calculator By Age, Citibank Singapore Credit Card, Jobs In Gujranwala,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *