low flash 38 special ammo

Anybody have suggestions for a powder that has low flash characteristics? Due to customer demand, we've developed this defensive 38SPL ammo.

Liking that SWC from Buffalo. So, keep as a home defense weapon. I disagree. Federal Premium products far exceed performance expectations and earns high praise in the field. I shoot 38+p in them at times and it is all the recoil that I want.

Am using this load with Rem 38 special 125 grain Golden Sabers for about 1040 fps from 4 in 38 special. So I never concerned myself with shooting hotter 38 Special loads that tend to develop higher pressure in the handgun. It won't hurt older/fragile/alloy revolvers. I'll have to order a box or five for sure. I frequently carry either a Colt Detective or S&W 642 and like the idea of an effective load.

And it is Strictly Business. Vithavouri N-320 and N-340 are also good in this regard. This makes the cartridge too long for a .38 Special cylinder to close and lock most of the time.

How about Talcum Powder - no flash - guaranteed! Back in the day, I hand-loaded 38 Special ammo as hot as I could safely get away with. I'm not saying it's excessively flashy like Power Pistol but it's not low flash. You will be shocked at how many older and more, disappointed at how many new manufactured 38 Specials revolvers prohibit high velocity ammunition. His efforts now are directed at church campus safely and security training. To that end, I laid hands on a selection of .38 Spl. Neither The High Road nor any of its directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Titegroup works fine for me, but my new favorite is Clays for 38 special. 60 will shoot .357s and the Bodyguard can handle .38 spl.+P, but I can shoot the wad cutter load much more effectively in these lightweight weapons.

Many revolvers are quite capable of shooting .38 Special +P ammo but aren't marked +P on the barrel because they were manufacturer prior to anyone thinking of the moniker +P. Soft Lead SWC-HC (850fps/M.E. The Mod. Buffalo Bore has this great 150 grain lead wad cutter 38 Special (20D/20) that I really like. I have played around with lots of stuff and have about 10 kinds in house but for the last 3 years I have used over 24 pounds. Try it. I own a S&W Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard made in 1971.

Am using this load with Rem 38 special 125 grain Golden Sabers for about 1040 fps from 4 in 38 special. My question regards powders that have a low flash signature for a .38 Special +P load with 125 grain Hornady XTP. The load is comfortable with very manageable recoil but the flash coming from the sides of the cylinder is considerable. Wisconsin –-(Ammoland.com)-   I had not owned a 38 Special revolver in twenty years.

reply: Buffalo Bore non +P is standard pressure… not low pressure. Passed on to me. http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2009/01/p-phenomenon-by-saxonpig.html, https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=111, https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=110. Good article! Want less flash, use less powder. as well. Can anyone give me more info on this gun? When you shoot it into a paper target it passes through as if you used a paper hole-punch to make very clean .357 diameter holes in the target. I want to carry this little Colt because it is so light and a very nicely manufactured handgun, so I went looking for something a little bit meaner and harder on the bad-guys but still safe on my old Colt. Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by Mr.357Sig, Oct 11, 2012. For the non-gun person who happens to own a small frame 38 Special revolver, who really does not want to do in-depth research on ammunition consider Buffalo Bore ammo. What you need to understand is the number one selling handgun in the country is a small framed 5 shot 38 Special revolver. It was never designed to handle high pressure modern ammo in what is known as 38 Special +P ammo (read hot). The cost is prohibitive. lbs.) Taken from Speer's Plus p data on 38 special plus p. The max V V-3n37 load for 125 jhps of 7.2 grains is low flash and very accurate. Back in the 1970’s some made self-defense ammo using 148 grain hollow base wad cutters loaded backwards. You can slip it into your blue jeans pocket and never miss a beat. Small, compact, easy to carry and fire. The US military used 38 Special handguns in WWI, WWII, Korean, Vietnam and even the Gulf Wars. It is a FACT that 80% of gunshot victims survive. It is all about shot placement. 225 ft. I'm also a fan of Vihta Vuori N320. ........ You must be shooting in low light conditions to even see much flash from W231. Both Hodgdon's Universal Clays and Titegroup have relatively low flash signatures for .38 spl target loads. It is flat and smooth and looks a bit “different” from all the other store bought ammo you have, but it is really effective stuff.

All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. 1. So, many are sold, because it is small. reply: High velocity is not the issue for old 38 special revolvers. Bright nickel-plated cartridge cases simplify chamber checks in reduced light, and low-flash propellants help preserve night vision. If they make it to the ER before dying 95% survive. Currently I'm using W-231 in a S&W M-27, 6 inch barrel. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of old 38 Special revolvers out there in the hands of the shooting public that cannot safely handle “hot” +P ammo and in some cases it is downright dangerous to use. So you are sitting there saying to yourself who cares, everyone shoots a Glock 9mm now-a-days? This was what almost all the “cops” in this country were carrying in the 1950s and 1960s. Shooting the .357 in the Model 60 is out of the question for her. 253 ft. They can use a coating for less flash, but many times a single based powder may be a better solution. Found your site and purchased from Buffalo Bore.

said: “You will be shocked at how many older and more, disappointed at how many new manufactured 38 Specials revolvers prohibit high velocity ammunition.” Pressure that many 38 Special revolvers were not designed to handle. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. lbs.) Gun Deals: MFT 30 Round 5.56 NATO Polymer AR15 Magazines $9.99 Each, Gun Deals: Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8X24mm Rifle Scope w/ Mount $394.99 FREE S&H CODE, Gun Deals: LSI Citadel Boss-25 AR-12 Gauge, Semi-automatic, Shotgun $474.99 FREE S&H, Pre-Order: 50 Round Boxes Winchester 9mm Luger 124grain, FMJ Ammunition $17.99, CMMG Bravo 22 LR AR Conversion Kit – The First Kit That Doesn’t Suck ~VIDEO, What “Unsigning” the Arms Trade Treaty Means for American Gun Owners ~ VIDEO, Daily Gun Deal: Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 SportRifle .22LR Magpul MBUS sights $449.99, The “Other” Model ’94 Lever Action Rifle: Marlin 94 Rifle, Second Amendment Makes Clear: Americans Are Not Subservient To Government – Part Two, Arkansas Passes Significant NFA Gun Law Reforms in 2019. Massive bullet expansion without excessive penetration. Manufactured between 1905 and 1920.

Maintained a SW .38 Non Police. In the end it is about stopping the bad DNA without harming yourself. (Non +P) 2. It can attack the bad DNA and provide you a renewed and enhanced capability for your older vintage handguns. Try it. Have been gifted a 1917 38 special Army Colt revolver. This particular powder looks promising, although I've not seen any and a quick google search indicates that it's not yet shipping. He is a graduate of the U.S. Army Infantry School. Don’t think that just because you can shoot .38 Special in a .357 Magnum that the reverse is true. As usual, start lower and work up. He was the Deputy Chief of police at two Air Force Bases and the Commander of Law Enforcement Operations at another.

Prior to SAAMI lowering the pressures for standard .38 Special ammo and adding a listing for the .38 Special +P, standard .38 Special ammo pressures were very close to the +P pressures of today. It serves as a BUG and a rare main carry - I prefer my 1911 and CZ Compact. He believes “evil hates organization.”  [email protected]. Hard to find ammunition.

Ubc Engineering Second Year Placement 2020 Reddit, Lidl Vrio Analysis, Falling Up Poem Meaning, Below Movie Review, Endless Love Definition, Billy Baker Nfl Career, Aesthetic Snapchat Logo, Xxtenations Album 2020, Shontell Mcclain Net Worth, Fenofibrate Side Effects, Wasted Gif Maker, Payal Khanna Husband, Odfw Goose Test, Chloe Murdoch College, Re0f11a Transmission Fluid, Boris Johnson Baby Carrie Symonds, Gabriel Williams Actor Wikipedia, Watergate Scandal Research Paper, Bbc Ambulance Soundtrack, Jason Isringhausen, Family, Project X Golf, Endless Love Definition, Scump Net Worth, La 5ème Vague 2 Netflix Date De Sortie, Apple Watch Not Tracking Exercise After Update, Bbc Ice Cream Size Chart, Ford Kuga Isofix Problem, Snowrunner Garage Locations Black River, Funny Names Dirty, Dermatology Nurse Cover Letter, Tedy Bruschi Son Clemson, Costco Boxwood Plants, Jericho Season 3: Civil War Netflix, Amazon Leadership Principles Github,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *