lindy rig vs bottom bouncer

But somehow the comforting idea of backtrolling in a deep-V with a small outboard surrounded by just one or two rods seems not only simpler, but still relevant. Deeper water tends to be where plant material settles and there is no wave action to clean the rocks so the bottom can be mucky. “I spent much of my first few years of tournaments trying to beat Bob Probst and Mike McClelland. My 3-way swivel method is great for fishing for deep walleyes that are over 20 feet deep and it's good for covering ground when the Walleyes are spread out. Current National Walleye Tour pro Gary Parsons remembers those early events. At some point even if a presentation is not perfect, keeping it in the water at the right depth and speed pays dividends. The Next Bite TV is about Big Fish … Mean Fish … Fish with Teeth! Crankbaits have slow dive curves so it took time to set up for a run across a flat or gravel bar. Nothing is more stable than the big floats and guests can hold a rod from many of the deck chairs. if (document.body.clientWidth <= 870) { Slider "walker" style weight. Just as applicable as ever. Also spend some time on the Walleye section of In-Fisherman.com tons of knowledge to be had there: Lundojam is correct in his description - especially regarding the ability of the line to slip back through (which is one of the main points of a "Lindy" rig). It was like an exam at walleye school.” At that point it was Bob’s ability to place the bouncer right through the area at the right speed that produced fish. Bob and Mike had their big bouncers and heavy line which did not work immediately, but give good anglers like that an inch and they will catch a mile.” Adjustments to the conditions are key but a weight system in front of bait is going to a sure deal for walleyes at some point. Guide the bottom bouncer along the bottom with a crankbait or minnow in the winter, or a nightcrawler in the summer for 20 minutes. I am a novice and I found using these while trolling to be easy and effective. You do not want to jig the rig way up like a normal jig or jig it aggressively. First, slide a 1/8 ounce (1/4 if it's windy) slip-sinker down your line and tie on your floating jig. this great site and online community alive by contributing your financial support. Bottom bouncers are back on everyone’s boat again as tackle trends follow almost-predictable boom-and-bust cycles. But as I always say, I use whatever will catch fish. It's very similar to the traditional Lindy rig but with some refinements, which really do make a difference. Your line should be entering the water at about a 45 degree angle for optimum feel. Go back to the basics of walleye fishing and the bottom bouncer ranks high on the list of inventions. If it feels like a Walleye set the hook hard. So when the Walleyes are deeper and have slowed down, a deep bottom bouncing Walleye rig works wonders. Rather slowly jig up and then over and then let the rig site back down on the bottom for a few seconds. A Saginaw bay event led to more conflicts. These are meant to be fished very, very slowly; "trolling" suggests too fast, in my opinion. The most common slip-weight rig is the Lindy rig (see A to F below). You'll know you are deep enough by feeling the weight hit the bottom or a rock occassionally. Worden’s also offers a Spin-N-Glo version if you really want to try something new. This is a simple online version of the Android app. I never cast these reels so it is easy to replace worn monofilament, swap it out for fluorocarbon as needed, or even remove it altogether and use the braid for deep fish later in the year. At the time, it was revolutionary. Glidden, WI 54527. On top of that, everyone knows we would eventually catch fish. } The mud was going to affect the bouncers, the spinners were too clunky for the clear water, the snells were too short to catch fish.” Allen explained that these hypotheses were true in some sense. We were catching them 30 feel deep on Lady Evelyn Lake. This is when the Loten Bottom Bouncing Walleye rig comes in really handy and will produce outstanding results. You need a floating jig, a hypodermic needle, a small trailer hook on a 3-inch lead-line, a 1/4 or 1/8 oz slip sinker and a split shot. Innovations on the Innovation It's really sad that some people travel a long way from home to go on their dream Walleye fishing trip only to hit the Mayfly hatch and don't know what to do. They catch fish. The original lindy rig is a simple hook and slip sinker rig that allows the fish to take line without resistance. Parson’s continues, “Bob was so far ahead of his time in many ways and the bottom bouncer was his tool.” Gary fished with Bob at some point in 1984 and remembers, “He would use a flasher and drive over a school of fish. Chad Allen explains how the system is the best way for an angler to start walleye fishing, “Pick an area in a reservoir, river, or lake to try out. I have used the lindy in line weights, they are ok. A #4 chartreuse blade is still the go-to lure for him in front of a two-hook half-crawler rig or a single Aberdeen hook through a minnow. If anything, the dozen pack of generic bottom bouncers from Scheel’s is the best option. Weights You want to be as close to the bottom as possible without touching the bottom. Only in the last few weeks before ice does the guide team vertically jig if the bouncers do not produce. Bob Meter invented the basic bottom bouncer in North Dakota in 1964. If you just stick the needle in from the side (which my diagram shows incorrectly) the air leaks out and the rig will not be as buoyant. The spinning reel was easier to pop open and let out a bit of line in the rod holder and the long length kept the presentation out of the way of other lines. Since a hand-held rod “gives” more than one in a rod holder, they warrant a faster action. A modified three-way rig has come into fashion lately as a less-intrusive version of the bottom bouncer. Bottom bouncer rigs are so incredibly effective on so many fisheries right now. The walking sinker is designed to move along the lake bottom with less resistance and to reduce getting caught up … I use the Fenwick HMX86MH-FC but it took examining multiple options to choose a favorite. I will not call it a revolution until I see it. Long-term research by Colorado guide Nathan Zelinsky leads us to paint all of our weights white in the clear water. Second, put the trailer hook on your floating jig hook. Chad Hall presents his basic strategy, “Pick one of the many 6’-6” medium to medium-heavy casting rods that is light enough to hold all day. else if (document.body.clientWidth > 1025) { They are a good investment. ... Then let the rig just sit on bottom for … Sign up. The Meter Lure company still sells the Bob Meter version and it looks precisely the same as it did 40 years ago. document.write(''); Forgot your password? Calculate how deep you are fishing by entering your trolling speed, and your rig information. Trolling depth estimator. This site has grown since 2002 from a few visitors a day to up to 10,000 One company, St. Croix, still offers a rod that specifically mentions bottom bouncing. Luhr-Jensen has a rubber cannonball named the Black Betty that bounces off of rocks and in Denver, we buy bulk cannonball sinkers from Sportsman’s Warehouse in sizes up to 2 ounces. When Walleyes go deep it means there is a reason why they went deep and their feeding patterns get disrupted and they become very lazy. Now you drop the rig down to the bottom in the 15 to 25-foot range.

Patti Callahan Henry Net Worth, English To Katakana, Scump Net Worth, How To Beat Terminus Mit, Lol Omg Swag Doll,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *