jared polis husband marlon reis

After a brief family photo, the governor of Colorado and his partner, first gentleman Marlon Reis, suggest moving to the sunnier side of Boulder’s Whittier Elementary—which features a modern, weblike play structure—so we can talk. I’m spending more time in Denver these days, and I love Watercourse Foods. Reis also enjoys writing, his pieces having been published by. It’s changed their lives in that they understand politics from an early age—certainly earlier than I learned about it. I love going there for a nice sit-down meal with friends and family. In this way, Jared Polis’ partner is about 6 … [7], Reis and his partner Governor Jared Polis have two children, born in 2011 and 2014, respectively. Following them will be an estimated 200 state employees. “Jared is more mind, and Marlon is more heart,” said longtime friend Bob Morehouse, a Boulder small-business owner. Polis and Reis have declined to comment on whether it was a surrogate pregnancy or an adoption. First gentleman Marlon Reis is applauded by partner Gov. U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet said Monday that he doesn't want to be education secretary -- a job he was considered for under the last Democratic president -- if Joe Biden is elected president this week. Get the top stories emailed every day. “When I was a child, I think we had five cats — and I’m allergic. So now that he’s in a position to elevate the issue, it will be great for all the rescue groups in Colorado to bring it to the forefront.”. Polis became the nation’s first openly gay man elected as a nonincumbent in Congress nearly a decade ago and is now the first openly gay governor of Colorado (second openly gay person elected to governorship in the U.S.). He previously worked for Chalkbeat and Out Front. Reis’s intent (being done with the full knowledge and approval of his husband) to drive rural Colorado residents to reside in cities. When Reis joined Polis in Washington in 2009, not only was he younger than most lawmakers’ spouses, he was one of the first same-sex partners. Reis’s intent (being done with the full knowledge and approval of his husband) to drive rural Colorado residents to reside in cities. Who Cares? It’s a personal choice to be vegan, but I think treating animals in a humane way—even when they are raised for food—is something that most people can get behind. But he’s on a trajectory to be one of the most public first partners Colorado has seen in recent history. “We are so thrilled for the congressman and his partner,” said Jennifer Chrisler, executive director of the Family Equality Council, an organization that advocates for LGBT families. 1-866-632-6446 Today, Reis recounts the numerous times he was mistaken as an intern or an aide whenever he would accompany Polis on official business. The kids always have some sort of a surprise, like an art project, that they’ll do and give to us. As I grew older, I came to this simple but important realization: When you walk into a store to browse, you don’t want a salesperson hounding you with questions. In my early 20s, I decided that I could no longer continue telling the world how much I love animals, then sit down to a hamburger for lunch. Good or bad, government must acknowledge your presence, and it must adapt. In my experience, the best persuasion is simply setting a good example. You might say it was inevitable that I would eventually begin to question why cows were any different than the pets who slept at the foot of my bed and greeted me every morning when I woke up. It sounds silly to say, but it starts when they notice that you are living happily and healthily. It must always be the reflection of the people it serves. With his newfound platform, he’s not taking anything for granted. “As we continue to see devastating numbers about bullying, to have somebody who is one of us, as the first gentleman, speaks to kids in ways that are not quantifiable.”. You’re climbers!” Polis shouts from his seat at a shaded picnic table, where he’s cradling Gia, a 10-year-old Cairn terrier. By continuing to use the site, you accept our, introduced Reis as Colorado’s “first-first man”. That will be more fun for the kids, they say, who’ve come along with their dads on this early spring, slightly windy Saturday. State Fundraising Notices “I want to see animals done right by,” he said. Jared Polis and supporters during a signing for two LGBTQ bills on Friday, May 31, 2019. “He’s willing to talk to everyone — at length,” said Mark Castleman, a volunteer at the farmers market who was also one of Reis’ high school teachers. Marlon Reis (born July 1981) is an American animal rights activist, writer, and de facto first gentleman of Colorado as the partner of 43rd governor of Colorado Jared Polis. [9], "Colorado's First Gentleman Marlon Reis Takes Up Cause Of Animal Rights", "The moment people went wild for Colorado's first 'first man, "How should we refer to Governor-elect Jared Polis' longtime partner? Their seven-year-old son and four-year-old daughter dangle and screech with delight, punctuating the interview with calls of “Daddy! One … The bill prohibits the use of exotic animals in a traveling animal act, and places restrictions on months of use for an animal used as part of an environmental education program that meets certain standards of accreditation. Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) and his partner Marlon Reis read their children, Caspian Julius and Cora Barucha, "A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo" for a … I consider my role as one that advocates for the animals we keep as pets; those with whom we share the planet; and, particularly, those we raise for food. While Reis for the last decade has been a part of Polis’ public life — before becoming governor, Polis represented Colorado’s 2nd Congressional District in Washington — he has only begun to carve a path for himself. In his view, it’s important for him to be supportive but to not wholly embrace politics. He also indicated that the public’s understanding that USDA-licensed facilities and humanely raised animals are synonymous is untrue. At the same time, Polis signed into law two animal welfare bills that Reis lobbied for, including one that established new adoption limits for individuals who have a record of animal abuse. His official Facebook page, started just five months ago, has nearly 4,000 followers. I’ve been vegan for 15 years after being a vegetarian for two, but prior to changing my diet, I felt out of alignment with my convictions. The fact that companies are advertising better living conditions for animals shows that public consciousness about animal welfare is becoming more and more mainstream. [4] He earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder. My goal is not to frighten people. But they want to learn a lot about whatever they’re doing. How should we refer to Governor-elect Jared Polis’ longtime partner? We hope to expand preschool opportunities soon as well. By continuing to use the site, you accept our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Our son has a million questions while we’re watching. Reis: Yes. Reis is shy. But the truth is that change happens when people decide to be themselves. Being quite savvy, my friend pointed to my belt and shoes and said, “But you don’t love them so much that you are willing to give up leather.” That was a decisive moment for me. Reis, a vegan, likes to bake. Again, Watercourse attracts a diverse clientele, and I’d wager many of its regular customers are not vegetarian or vegan. They go around rooms, say hello to everyone, shake hands and say, “This is my daddy—he’s the governor!”. WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) is a proud father of a newborn baby, making him the first openly gay parent in the U.S. Congress. We are trying to instill an appreciation for the planet and taking care of it. “When people say I look 12, I correct them and tell them I look 12 and a half,” he said during a meeting with a lawmaker. Government cannot be static. Colorado Governor Jared Polis’s husband Marlon Reis is heading up an effort in Colorado to, essentially, shut down animal agriculture in the state by bolstering animal rights legislation. His first major step into the spotlight came on election night, when Polis, after declaring victory, introduced Reis as Colorado’s “first-first man” — a historic moment that was met with one of the loudest and longest rounds of applause from a rowdy group of Democrats who were watching results at a downtown Denver hotel ballroom. He is the partner of the 43rd Colorado governor. It doesn’t matter to me that people care about animals for different reasons; what matters is that they realize animals need our help and they are empowered to engage through public advocacy and their own personal spending choices. It offers a dazzling selection of vegan versions of dishes normally loaded with animal products. I’ll return to this idea of figuring out nonconfrontational ways of sparking interest in anyone who is toying with the idea of switching up his or her diet. And all you had to do was give them space to breathe and the open invitation to ask questions. Sign Up, Colorado Parent Magazine To be honest, it was an easy transition for me. As a same-sex couple, I like to think that Jared and I have pushed open the door to public service just a bit wider so that more people feel running for office is not merely possible but worth undertaking.

Signal App Dod Approved, Igpx Immortal Grand Prix Episode 1, Knife Maker Weatherford Tx, Mavado Vs Kabal, Sultan Of Brunei Korean Wife, Aftermarket Seats For Zero Turn Mowers, Greater Vision Hallelujah Square,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *