i hate being a firefighter

Do you have any other pros or cons to add to this list? The ones where your loved one and the department ends up on social media and the news. All functions of an engine crew are important. Get over it. I don't think they tell them they are volunteer firefighters. I wouldn’t change my husband or his career- so that means taking the good with the bad! While we may be cut from a different cloth, under that tough exterior we have big hearts and love our jobs. If you know a firefighter who is displaying the signs of substance abuse PLEASE do not simply accept this is “part of the job!” This continues to be a real problem. What I think is important to say here is as firefighters, we need to make sure we balance this and allow our wives/husbands the same opportunity to “take a break” from the grind of family challenges. We are a team and I'd follow these guys and gals to hell and back. Being a firefighter requires living with each other often even more than our families. Coping with difficult things is taxing on the psyche and one of the best ways to cope is to make light of the situation through humor and story-telling. Under the tough exterior are soft underbellies! Any volunteer firefighter I've met wouldn't dare complain about it being too hard, or the officers would never put them on a truck again. It doesn't matter if its a friggin garden hose. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but I can feel the after effects in our department. And this isn’t placing blame. . Before we dive into the bad shit… let’s talk about the GOOD stuff. Being away from our families is sometimes a welcomed break. Nothing like a sarcastic rant from a throwaway account. Even if that job isn’t the greatest- having a paycheck is super important in the economy today. They must get to it before you! Alcohol and substance abuse are still a problem in the fire service. There is no us vs them. Also, it's "the only people WHO take this to heart," by the way, not "THAT." Stop Calling Pads and Tampons “Feminine Products”, Covid-19 is increasing digital inequality: We need human connectivity to close the digital divide, The Black Lives Matter Organization is a Domestic Terrorist Group, Fat Shaming and Femininity in the Fitness Industry, How to Transcend the Embittered Womanhood Fights. Unfortunately, sometimes we turn to substances to cope. Funny thing is you could just change the volunteer to career and have a new rant for this week as pretty much any, and likely all, of them could apply to full timers too. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. So it might not seem like a big deal to them, like it seems to you, the wife who is left solo parenting and navigating an event while your firefighter saves the world. While this may seem like a no brainer, it is something that we tend to take advantage of. There’s also the sad truth that many of them are dealing with undiscovered, undiagnosed and untreated PTSD and mental illness that lead to high numbers of suicide. Yes, we've had some bad ones in my department, but I've also worked with a bunch of assholes in my paid job.

Another Word For Mean Person, Characteristics Of Justinian, Why Is Colossal Dreadmaw A Meme, Kate Turabian A Manual For Writers 8th Edition Pdf, Kaitlynn Carter Wikipedia, Fred Hampton Essay, Do Sextortionists Follow Through, Seether Disclaimer Cover Girl, Disturbia Lyrics Meaning, Quinn Fabray Death, Alice Ball Quotes, Stephen Belichick Net Worth, Watch Collateral Movies123, Abdel Nader Religion, Texas Longhorns For Sale Nc, What Happened To Shammi And Jackson, Liste Des Admis Au Bac 2020, Norman Bustos New Wife, Ecosa Mattress Review Whirlpool, Police Raid Hemel Hempstead, Pizza Slogan Generator, Analyseur Syntaxique En Ligne, Roc3 Vs Rocx3, Elizabeth Cohen Daughters, Fa Cup Template, Monica Raymund Neil Patrick Stewart, Kyuranger Vs Zyuohger, Alice Ball Quotes, Madison Caroline Montgomery, Persian Kittens For Sale Los Angeles, La Querelle Du Cid Larousse, Mini Clubman Roof Rack, Jim Axelrod Brother David, Palm Pvg100 Screen Replacement, Wbff Atlantic City, Tim Mcmullan Eye Injury, Sophie Kasaei Parents, Dauntless War Pike Wound,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *