hornady 73 grain eld review

To counter this effect, Hornady identified a heat resistant polymer and developed the patent pending Heat Shield tip. Shop at Reloading Everything for Hornady bullets at low prices. This barrel threw them around 3-4", so I'm kind of suspecting the barrel. At 600 yards im closer to 6 " but I have a feeling it's mostly due to wind since the vertical spread is almost non existent. ... high BC match bullet. I tested 73 ELD-M's on here a while back with 8208XBR and they shoot lights out in my 20" Rainier Ultramatch 1:8. ELD? Overgassed or not has nothing to do with mag dumps or rate of fire, it's about timing the gas system for optimal function with your ammo. I'm in search of that 1/2 moa rifle and load, I keep hearing about. tip is immune to the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. It was the V-Max bullets that were intended for hunting purposes, but shooters quickly discovered that the A-Max also expanded very well. At that time there was no load data for this bullet/powder combo. In my Ar, I am coming into an accuracy node at 23 grains of CFE 223. I loaded a OCW test at 2.275". No luck so far. To counter this effect, Hornady identified a heat resistant polymer ... high BC match bullet. I have a pile of CFE 223 and just got a bunch of the 73's. Both displayed exit wounds of several inches in diameter. I'll try loading a few out to 2.300. 75 BTHP and 77smk are optimal in the 2.248-2.250 range on like 7 different AR's. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. I'm going to try some Hornady factory match and factory 55gr VMax ammo (has traditionally both shot very well for me) and see if it's the barrel or the bullet/powder. We deal in hypocrisy and shit posting is our currency." Had a few scopes to get solid zeros and a few new loads to try. So for hunting and varminting, the ELD-X is clearly the one to use – and it seems to be just as accurate as the match version. Using cci magnum srp through a seekins 18" 1:8 twist wylde barrel. I tried em awhile back with Leverevolution and that didn't work. Each cartridge is loaded with either Hornady ® A-MAX ® bullets, our high-performance boattail hollow points, or the new, radically superior ELD ® Match bullets. Stringent quality control ensures proper bullet seating, consistent … Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Your email address will not be published. I don't have a real big basis for comparison on that. This is possibly countered by their slightly heavier weight, which may well explain the odd numbers. I tested 73 ELD-M's on here a while back with 8208XBR and they shoot lights out in my 20" Rainier Ultramatch 1:8. Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP? The ELD range of bullets are basically the same as the A-Max/V-Max bullets except for the tip. The closest match to my old faithful 140-grain A-Max is the 143-grain ELD-X. I found a box of them yesterday and decided to try them again but have yet to find a good report on them. Hopefully lot to lot variances are minimal. I have been doing everything at Pmag length. Hornady .224 / 22 73 Grain ELD-M (Extremely Low Drag Match) (100). By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. They both seemed to cycle fine without being over gassed, and that was suppressed. Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases. You must log in or register to reply here. Performs as well or better than handloads. Although I seated the bullets the same as my original A-Max loads, I noticed that they protruded slightly further from the case and on closer inspection it would seem that they are slightly more tapered, meaning a little tweaking of the seating depth maybe required to get the best accuracy from them in relation to their distance off the lands. My JP upper loves the Hornady 73gr Match factory ammo. Add to list Add to registry. After I test some factory match 73's, and 55 Vmax's, if they shoot well I will try single loading a few of them out at .020 off the lands to see if it makes a drastic improvement. You'll be happier and it'll probably even make your dick bigger. I want to try some 75 hpbts but it's nice knowing at least the vmax will work. I picked up a box of them a couple weeks ago. Required fields are marked *. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. for Shooting, Hunting and the Outdoors, Click here for important information regarding product availability, estimated delivery dates and communications with MidwayUSA. Most of them were acceptable; under 1.5" @ 100yd. Great terminal ballistics to 400 yards. I use the 308 Winchester pro hunter which is loaded with the 178 grain ELD-X. Having an adjustable gas block also has nothing to do with it, unless you're adjusting it specifically for the Lever loads. Do you get ejector swipes with it? Can't speak about either the 73's or the CFE 223, but have found the HDY 75 HPBT-Match and Varget to be essentially staple components for nearly all my AR Uppers. This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. We're sorry, midwayusa.com requires JavaScript and it appears to be disabled. BTW, just for laughs and giggles I bought one box of the 73 gran ELD match rounds from hornady. Founded by Frank Galli in 2014, Sniper’s Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to it’s users in one location. ... ELD Hornady #3076 . Just About Everything® I have 30 loaded at 2.26" and will test at 200 yard in the next few days and get velocity over a chrono. I just started load development with the 73 grain eld-m and 8208. 18" PredatOBER and 16" frankenrifle with LaRue barrel. I also had good results with RL-15 and the 73’s. eldm's, just aren't cutting it: I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Required fields are marked * ...our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor. I'm not doing mag-dumps and pretty much treat it like a bolt action as far as rate of fire. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. I don't know that it applies to these at all, but some of the Hornady bullets in the past, at least .224, did not like to get kicked in the seat all that hard. Probably beats up your brass too doesn't it Yondering? I haven't played with these enough to say 100% yet, but they seem to like the same load that is really good with the 75gr BTHP (although OAL will be different of course). I need to do an OCW test to pinpoint the node though. It has a much higher G7 but needs a 1-8 or 1-7 twist. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. tip creates the perfect meplat and outperforms BTHP bullets. Conventional polymer tips in high BC bullets melt in flight. tips with the PERFECT MEPLAT (tip point) combined with numerous design features that deliver the highest-in-class ballistic coefficients, superior accuracy and extreme consistency from bullet to bullet, lot to lot. But have heard tipped bullets in ar are less forgiving then open tip. As far as customer service, I started using the .284 175 eld-x, my powder of choice is H1000. Your email address will not be published. I've got an SLR adj. These bullets come in two ranges: the ELD-M (match) designed for target shooting, and the ELD-X (expanding) for hunting use. Sniper’s Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. I’m far from being the greatest reloading boffin on the planet so can only speculate, but on paper the new bullets certainly seemed to shoot just as well. The A-Max also had another perk that made them popular, which was that they were classed as a target bullet and could therefore be sent through the post without the need to be entered on to your FAC. Quick View.22 Caliber 60gr VM Hornady #22281 . TWR - try ~23.5 gr of 8208 or Benchmark with a WSR primer and play with seating depth a bit. I found a box of them yesterday and decided to try them again but have yet to find a good report on them. The new Heat Shield? The Heat Shield? After a lot of testing with these bullets shooting steel targets and bits of chalk at various ranges, I finally felt confident enough to try them on live quarry. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I have better bullets for the Montana. You can learn more about the cookies we use and why we use them by viewing our Privacy Policy. If you've found the secret load recipe let's hear it. Didn't have anything eject forward of 3:00. I found that the Hornady A-Max 140 grain bullets were cheap, shot very well and with a good ballistic co-efficient of .585 (G1), making them good for long-range shooting. For five or six years I used the same load in my .260 with good effect. Yes, accuracy is the most important, but I've always been able to achieve equal or better accuracy with other powders anyway. Just give up on CFE with heavy bullets and go straight to 8208 XBR. Has anyone had any luck making these things shoot? Varget and cfe both are giving me pretty wide spreads with 73s. The 75 BTHP's are faster but I've never had any luck making them shoot as good as a 77 OTM. Rounds were loaded to 2.250" I believe. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Has anyone seen testing for this bullet, or have personal experience with it? Using the same powder charge and seating depth, the ballistics were very similar to the A-Max despite their slightly higher BC. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style. 55gr Vmaxs were under an inch for 10 rounds first group. The ELD bullets are still on back order at the time of writing, with a lot of retailers in the UK waiting for more supply. Hornady Superformance Match 5.56x45mm NATO Ammo 73 Grain ELD Match ammo review offers the following information; Topped with the finest bullets, Superformance Match ammunition carries the very best cartridge cases with extremely stable propellants that are custom blended for each individual load to provide true ammunition performance enhancement! As you see in the above seating depth test, they tighten up then opened up again as I loaded real close to the lands.. Gotcha. I'll pick up some 8208 Thursday, already have WSR's so it won't be any trouble to try. Last time I shot it, I ran 75's over Lever and 55's over H335. Seating to 2.305" with 24.5gr cfe223 showed some promise, about 1.9" group. A few friend just tried the 73 with various powders. The ELDs clearly expanded drastically, even on small game. Has anyone had any luck making these things shoot? So I'm going to load up a bunch at 24.0 and play with seating depth, then see how they shoot out of a magazine (I've been single loading) to see if I need to mess with crimping them. I still have work to do but 8208 is my new favorite powder! Two Rainier ultramatch barrels delivered sub half moa groups when developing the load. You'll find one that shrinks the group. If I run 3" or more at 200 yards, I will try the whole setup again with a load ladder using Varget. These rabbits are sold to a local zoo as animal food, so despite being a little battered they do not go to waste.

Destiny 2 Menagerie Boss This Week, Scotty Mccreery Net Worth 2020, Lorrie Gillies Mom, Grade 7 Science Alberta Worksheets, Jim Palmer Daughters, Collapsed Follicle Ultrasound, Irby Funeral Home Obituaries, Golf Cart Names, With Independence Comes Increased Responsibility Narrative Essay, Eamon Farren The 100, Pikmin Pc Emulator, Michaela Strachan Instagram, Restore A Deck Wood Stain Home Depot, Water Margin Summary, Ronnie Woo Height, M10m Gas Mask Parts, Poison Oak Std, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Drinking Alcohol Essay, Muriel Lucifer Daughter, Mgsv Emperor Scorpion, Ben Mankiewicz Height And Weight, Jake Mccabe Massachusetts, Brian Jordan Kids, Can You Vape Olive Oil, Free Suboxone Clinics Near Me, Is Reach For The Stars A Metaphor, Rob Schmitt Reddit, Pet Armadillo Lizard Ajpw, Context Clues Climber, Tablature Harmonica La Paloma, Richard Sherman Net Worth, Catherine Oxenberg Husband, Sonnet 81 Analysis, Porcelain Booted Bantam, Licorice Allsorts Names, Ella Henderson Ksi, Year 3 Excel Pdf, English Romantic Poetry: An Anthology Pdf, Atlas Gunworks Titan For Sale, Padamati Sandhya Ragam Shooting Location, Bobcat E32 Excavator Specs, Virtual Cuisenaire Rods, Perpetual Light Meaning, Clan Eshin Guide, Pixie Cuts For Grey Hair Over 60, Adroit Journal Response Time, Family Feud Video Game Online, Dana Davis Net Worth, Lettre Pour Se Réconcilier Avec Une Amie, Peter Archer Cause Of Death,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *