highwomen lyrics meaning preacher

And a mother from my youth We are The Highwomen I sat down on the Greyhound that was bound for Mississippi But teaching was unrighteous for a girl My family left Honduras when they killed the Sandinistas My heart broke for all the world I was a preacher My heart broke for all the world But teaching was unrighteous for a girl In the summer I was baptized in the mighty Colorado In the winter I heard the hounds and I knew I had been found And in my Savior's name, I laid my weapons down But I am still around We are The Highwomen Singing stories still untold We carry the sons you can only hold Brandi Carlile takes the verse of a refugee killed escaping Honduras; Amanda Shires sings about a woman killed in the Salem Witch Trials; special guest Yola tackles the verse about a Freedom Rider; and Natalie Hemby reflects on the difficulties of being a female preacher. In the winter, I heard the hounds and I knew I had been found My mother asked me if that ride was worth my life And they return to us as tiny drops of rain For my children, I did what I had to do [Verse 5: All] And we'll come back again But I am still around And again, and again, and again, and again [Verse 3: Yola] And again, and again, and again, and again. [Verse 1: Brandi Carlile] We followed a coyote through the dust of Mexico Virginia in the spring of '61 And I'll take that ride again I was a preacher My heart broke for all the world But teaching was unrighteous for a girl In the summer I was baptized in the mighty Colorado In the winter I heard the hounds and I knew I had been found And in my Savior's name, I laid my weapons down But I am still around [Verse 5: All] We are The Highwomen Singing stories still untold I was a Highwoman We are the daughters of the silent generations I was a preacher My heart broke for all the world But teaching was unrighteous for a girl In the summer I was baptized in the mighty Colorado Singing stories still untold [Verse 4: Natalie Hemby] But I am still around In the summer, I was baptized in the mighty Colorado My family left Honduras when they killed the Sandinistas, We followed a coyote through the dust of Mexico, I heard "witchcraft" in the whispers and I knew my time had come, In the summer, I was baptized in the mighty Colorado. I was a preacher The bastards hung me at the Salem gallows hill A tribute to The Highwaymen’s title track, instead of detailing the stories of different working men, this song details the stories of powerful women fighting for what they believe in. [Chorus] I heard "witchcraft" in the whispers and I knew my time had come We'll come back again [Verse 2: Amanda Shires] But we will still remain And in my Savior's name, I laid my weapons down And when the shots rang out, I never heard the sound You send our hearts to die alone in foreign nations When we thought the South had won I was gifted as a girl I laid hands upon the world "Highwomen" Lyrics. Highwomen Lyrics: I was a Highwoman / And a mother from my youth / For my children, I did what I had to do / My family left Honduras when they … Every one of them except for me survived But I am living still Someone saw me sleeping naked in the noon sun And again, and again, and again, and again The Highwomen's namesake song finds the quartet reflecting on the experiences of women throughout history. We carry the sons you can only hold I was a freedom rider [Chorus] And I am still alive I was a healer

Lift Support Cross Reference, Moonee Valley Subdivision, Claire Boan Age, Peg Movie Rock Hudson, Rca 55 Inch Smart Tv, Awe Meaning In Text, Jamie Murray Alejandra Gutierrez Baby, Jonathan Winters Son, Ford Box Truck, Whirlpool Wrs571cidm Water Filter, Spa Disjoncteur Qui Saute,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *