god can god can he can move mountains he can lead us around them

How would you live differently if you really believed that nothing would be impossible for you? All of these are wrapped into the Greek word geneá (generation): a group, a nation, or an entire age. That phrase is a check to be cashed. Yes God even controls the quicksand and can pull us up out of it onto solid ground again. That my Heavenly Father wants good things for me and he does not throw the mountains in my path, but he does move the mountains in my path. You see God has moved many mountains in my life and it has always happened and I have always given God praise. For this is what he followed up with: “For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20). Our lightning quick and loud unbelief is not commendable. They were faithless and twisted, and Jesus, who was faithful and righteous (Revelation 3:14), was dwelling among them. If we have little faith, then little glory is seen through us. Our faithlessness is the worst part of our perversity (numerous English translations choose “perverse” in Matthew 17:17). New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Proverbs says that no one who visits the “forbidden woman” will return to the paths of life. Jesus’s response must have caught everyone off-guard: “O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you? ( Log Out /  Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. It didn’t put God’s glory and power on display, it didn’t proclaim the coming of the kingdom of God, and it didn’t help the boy or the father. My God can move a mountain. The afflicted boy was brought to Jesus, whose omnipotent word soon dispatched both demon and disease. I am a daughter and this mountain does not have control over me and it certainly is not greater than the name of Jesus. My mind started to spin, thinking of all the things I would have to take care of. After all, they had tried to cast out the demon and disease. When contemplating such a question, it can be tempting for some of us to quickly point to the errors of the word-of-faith movement and reaffirm that we aren’t going to fall in that ditch. If we recognize that we have little faith, let us repent today and join the disciples in pleading, “Increase our faith” (Luke 17:5), and not let God go until he blesses us with an answer. Jesus did not speak of God’s mysterious, inscrutable will in choosing not to answer at the time the disciples asked. Jesus really does mean for us to move mountains. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. So, yes I may be struggling with some legal items such as guardianship of my mother and powers of attorney, I will walk strong and I will lean into God when the mountain seems to high. But in the middle of this storm that was coming at me I took a moment to stop and call on God. Who was Jesus calling faithless and twisted? “Little faith” is not a permanent label. Jesus put the blame squarely on the disciples’ shoulders. On the mountain, Jesus revealed his divine glory to Peter, James, and John. That my Heavenly Father wants good things for me and he does not throw the mountains in my path, but he does move the mountains in my path. Those are searing words. This account is included in the Scriptural canon in part to make us squirm and force us to ask the same soul-searching question over our ministry failures that the disciples were forced to ask: “Why could we not ____?”. These words were aimed at the disciples, the crowd, Israel, the world, and us. If we currently have little faith, it is possible for us to have more faith. This was a careful, measured, if anything highly restrained and understated revelation of the exasperation the Holy One experiences bearing with evil people (Luke 11:13) who don’t really know how evil they are (John 2:24–25).

Michigan Payphone Locator, Quentin Jammer New Wife, Amd Radeon Pro 5300m Vs Radeon Pro 570x, Yurt 3d Design, 30 Gallon Gas Caddy Parts, Boule Abdomen Chat, Moira Stuart Partner, You Were On My Mind Karaoke, Gulabi Goat For Sale Usa,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *