fantastic planet english dub

There is a voice over version as well - but I cannot imagine that this would be a good thing. This is "fantastic planet" by Thiago Dorta on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Please enable JavaScript to experience Vimeo in all of its glory. It aired on August 8, 1974. Reviewed in the United States on February 15, 2020. The English dub actors sound like they’re on valium and don’t even attempt to give a performance. This 1973 animated movie by René Laloux is a piece of art to be treasured and a wonderful 71 minutes to experience. I was very worried about the Criterion Blu-ray I ordered after the blue tint controversy erupted based on comparison screen caps that appeared online. Update a video without losing your URL or stats. After Terr, kept as a pet since infancy, escapes from his gigantic child captor, he is swept up by a band of radical fellow Oms who are resisting the Draags' oppression and violence. I saw an excerpt from this back in 1973 and have only just found it again. One household human finds a device of learning and runs away to the wild humans wildly evolving them in the process. The movie, a French/Czech production, is beautiful. Report abuse. This curious oddity hooked me from the start. It's a little out there, very unusual by standard terms. If you love Fantastic Planet, I could recommend taking a plunge on this blu-ray or if you have the possibility of renting it first to do so. Watching it in the present day, it hasn't disappointed. TM + © 2020 Vimeo, Inc. All rights reserved. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 4, 2017. Thiago Dorta. The story is quite unique. The alien landscapes are impressive and some of the creatures are just so bizarre. Browse and buy exceptional, royalty-free stock clips, handpicked by the best. Wish it was available on the subscription services so that I don't have to hold onto the dvd/bluray set. I saw an excerpt from this back in 1973 and have only … This version, one of several available, is titled, “Fantastic Planet (Subtitled)” and is a Criterion release from 2016. In fact, the whole film is bizarre. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 24, 2019. After being kept as a pet since infancy, our narrator Terr escapes from his gigantic child captor and begins to organise a revolt along with fellow Oms. Not to everyone's taste but I can't rate it highly enough. I have throughly enjoyed this movie. Roger Boussinot directed this episode of the French television show “Italiques,” which features an overview of the art and career of FANTASTIC PLANET illustrator Roland Topor. from Fantastic Planet won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival in 1973. The film is set on a distant planet called Ygam, where enslaved humans (Oms) are the playthings of giant blue native inhabitants (Draags). Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. After seeing the Wall I was on an adult animation kick and during my search I came across Fantastic Planet. Retro sci-fi psychedelic animation but absolutely superb. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. I discovered this movie around the time that I first watched Pink Floyd's The Wall. It's benefits are NO print damage that I could notice, more detail, deeper contrast, greater saturation and consistent image quality with superior audio. Presented here is a short film they made together in the mid-1960s: LES TEMPS MORTS. Nothing else has ever looked or felt like director René Laloux’s animated marvel Fantastic Planet, a politically minded and visually inventive work of science fiction. I loved that they speak French clearly, so that even I, with my rubbish level of French could understand most of it. I will likely rewatch it in the future. Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business. Despite Criterion having released a superior film scan, this release includes some hard to find short films by Rene Laloux. 5.0 out of 5 stars For lovers of the Bizarre. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Matthew Harrex. The soundtrack is so old-fashioned early ‘70s that it actually sounds fresh again. The film is set on a distant planet called Ygam, where enslaved humans (Oms) are the playthings of giant blue native inhabitants (Draags). They are treated well by some but others look at them as vermin. An artistic, aesthetic and, at times, existential experience. The images are alien and disturbing. The film is set on a distant planet called Ygam, where enslaved humans (Oms) are the playthings of giant blue native inhabitants (Draags). Read more. Nothing else has ever looked or felt like director René Laloux's animated marvel FANTASTIC PLANET, a politically minded and visually inventive work of science fiction. Exactly what I was looking for. This 2009 documentary by Florence Dauman of Argos Films features an extensive interview with FANTASTIC PLANET director René Laloux. An absolutely mesmerizing piece of cinema. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Thought provoking, entertaining, and beautiful. The “Oms” are enslaved human-like creatures who live on planet Ygam: they are the playthings of giant blue native inhabitants called “Draags”. It is pristine - and I’d hesitate to watch any other. Timeless. Nothing else has ever looked or felt like director René Laloux's animated marvel FANTASTIC PLANET, a politically minded and visually inventive work of science fiction. Replace your video file quickly and easily. Get your team aligned with all the tools you need on one secure, reliable video platform. After Terr, kept as a pet since infancy, escapes from his gigantic child captor, he is swept up by a band of radical fellow Oms … I’d have to recommend it highly. How? FANTASTIC PLANET was not the first collaboration between writer-director René Laloux and illustrator Roland Topor.

Bench Press Calculator By Age, Skoda Rapid Price In Delhi, Ikea Hemnes Sideboard, 2012 Hyundai Sonata Recall 2020, Principles Of Marketing Multiple Choice Questions Kotler Pdf, Anwar Ul Haq Facebook, Citibank Singapore Credit Card,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *