dejuan blair no acl

[17], On February 18, 2016, Blair was traded, along with Kris Humphries and a 2016 protected first-round draft pick, to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Markieff Morris. According to Medline Plus, the ACL is located in the middle of the knee and responsible for rotational stability in the knee, supporting the knee during movements.

Blair never felt any adverse effects on having no ACL but eventually without anything to tear other issues would soon resurface cutting his career short in the long run. ACL injuries often happen in conjunction with other knee injuries, according to Medline Plus. He also didn't appear in any of the Wizards' 10 playoff games and was deactivated for most of them. By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. His parents admitted that if they had their way, Blair would have gone to Tennessee because they liked the Volunteers' coach Bruce Pearl, and thought it would be a good idea for their son to leave the city. He played college basketball for the Pittsburgh Panthers from 2007 to 2009. Medline notes that the ACL gets its name because it forms a cross ("cruciate"), or an X, across the knee with the posterior cruciate ligament, or PCL. ACL 2 . ACL Surgery – No Longer Kneeded? La chiave di lettura di un ragazzo che ha combattuto tanto, sta nel fatto che ovunque sia andato, non ha mai cambiato la propria personalità, restando vicino alla propria comunità, parlando ai giovani delle scuole e non circondandosi di lussi o sfarzi, anzi, facendo di necessità virtù nel dare una mano, sia alle comunità di Pittsburgh che tra San Antonio e Dallas. Before my surgery last year, I would try to play and it feels like your knee has no support. It was just years ago when Blair led his team to a 57-0 record and led his team to a state championship. The former University of Pittsburgh star was initially projected as a high pick in the 2009 NBA draft, but he slid to the second round after a physical revealed something unsettling: The player has no anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in either knee—the result of two high school surgeries. In quel frangente Splitter e (il ritorno di) Boris Diaw restano più intimi con Pop e complice anche qualche infortunio, DeJuan passa un po’ nell’ombra, con le parentesi poco felici a Dallas prima e a Washington poi.

I haven't really been able to watch as much as I'd like. I have no idea how he plays without them. The ACL is one of four main ligaments in the knee.

Blair is now thought to face a higher risk of damaging his knees (especially his meniscus) than athletes with repaired ACLs—and he may end up with osteoarthritis. And you'll never see this message again. Because of the slow degeneration, his body was allowed to adapt without them. On July 17, he signed a four-year deal with the Spurs.

Con gli Spurs, e col sistema Spurs, riesce ad esprimersi, fino a che il lockout non lo porta dalle parti del basket europeo. Medline Plus: Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury, Sports Injury Clinic: Torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament / ACL Knee Injury, Slate; No Ligaments, No Problem; Juliet Lapidos; 2009, Elite Soccer Conditioning.com: Soccer Agility Skills and Drills. Blair led Schenley to the 2007 PIAA Class 4A state championship, the first state title for a City League team since 1978; in the final against Chester, he had 18 points, 23 rebounds and 6 blocked shots. The addition of Boris Diaw and emergence of Tiago Splitter led to reduced playing time for Blair and, ultimately, a loss of his starting position during the 2012–13 season. In the team's final regular season game, he recorded 27 points, a season-high 23 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals in 37 minutes against the Dallas Mavericks on April 14, becoming the first rookie since Joe Smith in 1995–96 to post two 20-20 games in the same season.

Direttore responsabile: Simone Mazzola (n.t.

I have no idea how he plays without them. Without such an adjustment period—if his doctors had simply cut out the ligaments, for example—it’s likely he would have injured himself on the court quite rapidly.

In 2008, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers blew out his right knee but played with a completely nonfunctional ACL in a conference championship game against the New England Patriots. The ACL’s job is to be one of the knee stabilizers in the anterior-posterior direction, that is preventing the tibia or shin bone from sliding frontwards or backwards in relation to the femur or thigh bone.
[16] In 2014–15, Blair appeared in a career-low 29 games (his previous was 61) and failed to make a start for the first time in his six-year career. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I'm surprised there was no mention/comparison of Wes Unseld in the entire article. After an outstanding sophomore season, he entered the 2009 NBA draft where he was selected in the second round, 37th overall by the San Antonio Spurs.

Another athlete with Blair’s deficiency wouldn’t necessarily be capable of operating at such a high level. According to the Sports Injury Clinic, the ACL is vital to moves like changing directions, twisting and pivoting. Blair and Connecticut center Hasheem Thabeet shared co-Big East Player of the Year honors for the 2008–09 season. He played college basketball for the Pittsburgh Panthers from 2007 to 2009. [22] In 10 games for Jiangsu, he averaged 24.1 points and 13.6 rebounds per game. As someone who tore his ACL, and goes to Pitt, I'm a huge DeJuan Blair fan. Isn't there one other player with the same condition? During his high-school surgeries, Blair’s doctors did not purposefully remove his ACLs—the going theory is that they tried to repair some partial damage to the ligaments and failed. He later recorded 28 points and 21 rebounds in 31 minutes against the Oklahoma City Thunder on January 13, 2010, becoming first NBA rookie since Tim Duncan in the 1997–98 season to post a 20-20 game. A subreddit dedicated for NBA news and discussion. The ACL is very important in soccer and other sports that require lots of running with starting and stopping. Join Slate Plus to continue reading, and you’ll get unlimited access to all our work—and support Slate’s independent journalism.

Talmente tante, che lo stato confusionale e la crisi di nervi sono dietro l’angolo, distrugge il suo cellulare scagliandolo dalla finestra in una crisi di rabbia ed indecisione, con Tennessee che sembra la favorita. If you value our work, please disable your ad blocker. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. That’s right, you heard me, DeJuan Blair has no ACL in either of his knees. All contents © 2020 The Slate Group LLC.

You’ve run out of free articles.

I don’t know of any athlete that played without an ACL but drafting Blair would be a high risk for any team especially for teams which are rebuilding. While there, he played for the basketball team and scored 1,563 career points and finished with an overall 103–16 team record, including a 57–0 record within the Pittsburgh City League.

ODG 169818), Backdoorpodcast.com | Podcast e news su Nba, Eurolega e Basket Serie A, Che storia Pesaro: firmato DeJuan Blair, l’uomo senza crociati, Questo sito utilizza cookie di profilazione per inviarti pubblicità in linea con le tue preferenze. Non si arrende e non demorde, gioca un po’ nelle minors americane, con sprazzi di Portorico e la chiamata dalla Cina dove i suoi numeri sono notevoli. Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:38 pm Post subject: DeJuan Blair has no ACLs Just heard this on ESPN radio from Chad Ford. Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans won the game MVP award, but graciously offered to share it with Blair. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Unfortunately, the surgeries were unsuccessful as it has been revealed that he does not have either ACL. In time, though, athletes without an ACL are at a higher risk of getting knee damage or ending up with osteoarthritis, according to Slate. Since this was a gradual change, his muscles and other ligaments could have adapted slowly to the added strain. Explainer thanks Walter R. Lowe of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and Scott McLean of the University of Michigan School of Kinesiology. His articles have appeared in a variety of publications including "Texas Roundball" magazine, Yahoo Sports, Fox Sports and other websites. She liked Dixon and the proximity of her home to the school. Knock-kneed types are more dependent on their ACLs than the bow-legged.

Scouting, ALBA Berlino: l’inizio di stagione di Simone Fontecchio, Scouting, Yannick Nzosa: il gioiello di Malaga, “rubato” alla Stella Azzurra. [1] After an outstanding sophomore season, he entered the 2009 NBA draft where he was selected in the second round, 37th overall by the San Antonio Spurs. DeJuan Blair è un nuovo giocatore della VL Pesaro, un colpo che, se il ragazzo sta bene fisicamente, può spostare e non poco gli equilibri. Blair also participated in the 2010 Rookie Challenge, where he recorded 22 points and 23 rebounds. He officially announced his decision to attend Pitt at the Ammons Recreation Center, where his basketball journey began, and became the first City League player to play for Pitt since Darelle Porter from 1987 to 1991.

Asia'h Epperson Net Worth, ¿qué Culpa Tiene Fatmagül?, Ics Past Papers, Is Yukio Okumura Evil, Shadowlands Collector's Edition Best Buy, How To Reinstall A Game On Ps4, Diamond Sparrow Finches For Sale, Ronald Lauder Trump, Mason Musso Net Worth, Kill Bill Clarita, Smackover High School Staff, Yorkie Poo Hypoallergenic, Uss Oklahoma Model, Rece Davis Son, Would I Be A Good Teenage Mom Quiz, Lowest Paid Nfl Coach, Jonny Bairstow Wedding, St Louis Arena Concert History, Watts Bar Dam Directions, Doom Eternal Sound, How To Compare And Contrast Two Articles, Heures De Prière Laval Firdaous, Time Flies Quotes, Alaskan Klee Kai Uk, How Do Geckos Sleep, Latrobe Family Medicine, Patricia Winkler Now, Minecraft Star Wars Map, Pashtun Dna Genetics, 128 Aac Vs 320 Mp3, Naruto Characters Names In Alphabetical Order, Country Girl Names, Sun Valley Maple Size, Remi Warren Wife, Awakening Missions Lol, Chuck Norris Height, Adobe Creative Cloud How Many Computers Per License, Significado De Liam Abdiel, Eli Manning Son Dies, Lagena Lookabill Greene, Tu Te Meus Avec Agilité Signification, Tabbert Caravans For Sale In Wales, Vince Mcmahon Glowing Eyes Meme, This Is Us Quotes Jack To Rebecca, Ppg Wineberry Paint, Hardware Abstraction Layer Design Pattern, Tiny Yolo V4, Lebron James' Daughter Age, What Happened To The Dog In Shtisel, Breaking News Olathe Ks, La Tête Dans Les Nuages Film Streaming, پخش زنده شبکه جم روبیکس, Klaus Daylight Ring, Explore The Tomb Of Miktrull, Is Kosmi Legit, Hay For Sale Near Me, Who Is White Yardie Wife, Duncan Hines Can I Substitute Butter For Oil, Hsc Exam Papers, Silicon Ionic Bond, Greg Fitzsimmons Ellen Degeneres, Jeremy Applegate Christina Applegate, What Happened Between Mike Morris And Cory Cove, How Old Is Squidward Tentacles, Xpt First Class Seat Numbers, Mediterranean Fan Palm Fruit Edible, 72 Dangerous Places To Live List Wiki, Prehensile Tailed Porcupine For Sale, Hilary Norwood Husband, Emeka Hand Sign, Stay Trippy Little Hippie Meaning In English, Islamic Birthday Wishes For Mother, Samsung Side By Side Refrigerator Problems, Faro Board For Sale, Sauce Alfredo Légère, Le Monde Incroyable De Gumball Saison 1 épisode 1, Ff4 Underground Waterway Map, Twitch Livestream Fail Reddit, Missionary Baptist Church Pastor Vacancy 2019, Paul Knightley Siblings, James Duthie Family, Math Essay Titles, You Were On My Mind Karaoke, Mangalica Ham Vs Iberico, Kevin Mccarthy Fox 5 Wife, Autobiography Of Weni, Tranax Mini Bank 1500 Atm Machine Locations, Tennessee Vols Game Worn Jersey, Read Skirrid Hill Online,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *