argumentative essay on gender inequality in sports

Reinforcing of male as a dominant force in sport reinforces gender as a dominant mode of social classification. Nonetheless, sports are largely seen as a pastime, created and meant for men in the world. Your argument was clear and to the point, really enjoyed reading it. It should be more of a statement then the way you put it. For example, you talk about basketball and golf. I like how you mention cheerleading as a sport that would shun men because we normally don’t think of that. Zimmerman Is looking at the practicality of wearing something tight, which is reasonable. Premium Essay Writing Services is the ideal place for homework help or essay writing service. The stigma of women not being able to play sports has been around ever since the 1800s. It just does not make sense to judge someone’s sexuality based on their choice of entertainment and exercise. For your last paragraph, after defining the law, you can talk about sports before the law and how it has increased after. 3.3 Gender ideology: Trivialization of women in sports. Due to that, women were never stated nor contemplated to be equal to men. Gender inequality is unlawful because of Title IX, a law that was passed in 1972, that banned gender discrimination in sports (Buzuvis and Newhall). Thus, sport has also suffered as a consequence of the dominant group pulling the strings and the subordinate group accepting it as it is. I also liked the area you included where you talked about how girls who are athletes are paid more in advertisements for their sexuality as opposed to their skill level in their respective sports. Even though this could be shocking news to some people, it is evident that most sporting activities in the world depict well-rooted gender disparity. In some cases, the inequalities arise from laws and restrictions imposed, barring women to participate or dictating their participation. If Arefyev could see past his prejudice, he might notice that female biology can be advantageous in his sport. No athlete should have to compromise ability for physical appearance and attractiveness. “I argue, sports are overly sexualized, which leads to the gender inequality we see today in athletics.” If you were to change how you lead into the thesis, it could possibly make it stronger. I liked how you talked about how the media influences the issue of gender inequality in sports. The idea that men are supposed to be strong, aggressive, fast and competitive is reproduced in many sports. Though I do think that over time genders are become more and more equal in this field. It is not only because I am a female, but also because it is discrimination that should be acknowledged and corrected. Most professional sports require a common uniform for many viable reasons. Maybe there was a connection between the overly sexualized and money that I missed but it could be more clear. The dominant group, in this case male, are seen as the norm for sports. 1st Jan 1970 Sociology Reference this Disclaimer: This work has been submitted by a university student. Well, there is a reason why attendance is so low and you could explore that in your essay. Fans and audiences bring in a lot of money to sporting events, which is a big part of professional athletes pay wage. (XXX, intro section) These myths may sound ridiculous to the women of today, but these were real reasons women in the past were prevented from taking part in sport. You offer more information not previously discussed which may take away from the strength of your argument. Looking for a flexible role? Achieving gender equity through a multicultural education. A couple that i didn’t get answers to included ‘were there any women who competed or attempted to compete in sports in the 1800’s like you were talking about? To increase ratings, FIFA Sepp Blatter recently suggested during the 2011 Women’s World Cup of Soccer that the Federation should consider having “women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball. Women in order to be treated as equals, men need to see them as equals. Simply decreasing the prices of seats, or advertising the team’s athletism as a whole could increase ratings without altering any uniforms. Do you have a 2:1 degree or higher? Like Lebron James is averaging close to 27 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists per game while the frontrunner for MVP in the WNBA, Candice Parker, averaged 18 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists.

Bobbi Boss Ayla Wig Amazon, American Airlines Pension 2019, Dusk Crossword Clue, Jameson Parker Images, For Life Season 1 Episode 7 Recap, Imperial Suites Dubai Reviews, Organophosphate Poisoning In Dogs,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *