5e homebrew axe

1. along with dozens of other magic items, random loot tables and a new weapon quality.

So on average that attack will deal 4,76 more damage than a vanilla Great Axe would do, for one attack, at the cost of a Half-Feature and a Fighting Style. Rod of Mercurial Form takes the No. Join and Get $9.99 in Free Digital Products from Nerdarchy the Store! Whip Master: Flavourful and makes the whip a more viable choice. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. You either gain a +2 bonus to range attack rolls, or you learn two maneuvers of the Battle Master archetype from the following list, which you can perform with a javelin or spear: Distracting Strike, Feinting Attack, Lunging Attack, Pushing Attack, Riposte and Trip Attack*. To me one of the bard’s great strengths is versatility so I like this one for the variety of possible effects. *Plus Combination Attack, Crippling Attack, Disabling Strike and Showboating Attack from my homebrew maneuvers. New weapon properties are not for everyone, it seems!

18 comments. How about a feat that combines trident and net as the Retiarus seems to be the archtype for trident fighting. Sure you can now benefit from the greater variance on the d12 but still, the before mentioned features can bring a lot more for simple damage boosting.This led me to home brew a new version of Savage Attacker Improved edition, that keeps the limitation of 1 reroll but improves the effect and gives some extra benefits, so it becomes more viable in comparison with the staples GWM and PAM. I believe people read the thread but do not know what to say or add. I have something of a loose rule for this series. Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Magic Weapons

It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Though it does limit the chance of bad dice rolls, it doesn't bring as much as staple features for melee martial classes like Great Weapon Master or Pole-arm Master which scale better because they give a bigger damage boost, either at a penalty or without and bring more benefits as well. Design Notes: At first glance this might seem a little overpowered, but then if we consider that Polearm Master feat allows you to attack with 1d10 (main attack) + 1d4 (bonus attack), at 10 feet range, adding your Strength bonus to both, AND get opportunity attacks on those entering your reach, I think this feat falls just short of that. Nerditor-in-Chief Doug Vehovec is a proud native of Cleveland, Ohio, with D&D in his blood since the early 80s. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Spear Master – if you check my design notes here, you’ll see I’ve covered this point. It’s a little untidy, esp. The expected results improve to the 7 to 10 range (2/3rd of the time) and the average is increased by 1,33 to 8,33. Move over Carrot Top — the prop bard is ready to bring the house down. Axe Master: How does the extended critical range combine with the extended critical range from the Champion subclass? In terms of balance, I’ve tried pitching all of these as being better than a simple +1 to hit and attack, that an improved attribute would get you (otherwise what would be the point in taking the feat, when +2 Strength/Dex would get you that bonus, as well as one to your saving throws, and related skills etc.? Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I’ve been thinking that since most combats only last a couple of rounds, and typically parties are able to rest between combats, that two superiority dice makes this feat a bit too strong, and compromises The Battle Master a bit too much. You learn two maneuvers of the Battle Master archetype from the following list, which you can perform in conjunction with a thrown dagger attack: Disarming Attack, Distracting Attack and Precision Attack*. Weapons in general have very little variation in 5e. Dodge & Disengage: Do They Need Tweaking? in the Player’s Handbook, as an optional way of making your weapon choice mean something?

(2317 items), Subclass variants, feats, skills, and subrace variants. Ropecasters in Fifth Edition! You also have disadvantage on Attack rolls with Weapons other than this one, unless no foe is within 60 feet of you that you can see or hear.

You have advantage on attack rolls against a creature you are grappling, as well as against creatures that are grappling you. Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Feats are little add ons that add curated complexity to a narrow niche within the game, and we can usually trust the player with the feat to deal with them, meaning the rules burden for the rest of the gaming table is very light indeed.

Fencing Master – Oooh, I haven’t heard of the Duelist subclass, and I can’t find it online. (3337 items), Anything you can do, I can do better. When you use the Attack action to attack with a one-handed weapon, and you are holding nothing in your other hand, you may use a bonus action to either make an additional melee weapon attack, or to make an attack with your free hand (either unarmed strike or grapple attack). The net is a weird weapon that complicates the game a bit, but might be fun to experiment. Give them an extra table to consult, or – god forbid – an additional die roll or two, as I did with my new weapon properties, and your ideas will be dismissed almost out of hand. The great thing about feats is only the people interested in them have to learn them, and the DM doesn’t have to remember that the scimitar has the parry property for all their NPCs for example (as with my previous, properties-driven attempt to address this problem). Hopefully these feats can prove the ‘elegant’ solution that achieves my goal (and those who share my passion for weapons!) Now, criticals as written are not that powerful, but many D&D playing tables have house rules that boost them considerably. With Spear Master focused on single handed wielding I’d have it apply to melee attacks with javalins as well. Design Notes: You could rename this Shuriken Master for a ninja-themed Dungeons & Dragons campaign! Unlike most guitars, it can be used like a weapon, and has the same properties as a +1 longsword.

Not sure what I confused it with. Design Notes: More or less the same as Bludgeoning Master, I felt the morningstar needed its own feat, so I gave it a little twist. I am newbie to DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS, And learning as many stuff i can learn about this sensation. Swashbucklers, you’re welcome! You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest. Plus one superiority die alone is a bit underwhelming. Indeed, I was so pleased with the result, that I almost immediately saw in it the solution to making other weapons way cooler. If a maneuver requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver’s effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier or Dexterity modifier (your choice). You have advantage on all Performance checks while attuned to The Axe. Truth be told one of our own magic items reminds me of this except ours is way better, natch! When you score a critical hit with a morningstar, you roll one additional weapon damage die when determining the damage. Once past level 5 this feature looses it's functionality as it is limited to only one reroll. Presumably most rogues will fight with a weapon + whip anyhow, dealing their SA damage with a shortsword most of the time.

The ultimate stage prop!

2d6 Has better average damage and has somewhat of a bell-shaped chance distribution to boot: this means that the expected damage roll of 2d6 lies between 5 and 9 2/3rds of the time you roll for damage. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. You learn two maneuvers of the Battle Master archetype from the following list, which you can perform while wielding a bludgeoning weapon: Distracting Strike, Menacing Attack, Pushing Attack, Sweeping Attack (maul only), Trip Attack, Brace (UA)*.

Would you use them in your game? Yet the difference on average is rather slim: between +9 and -2% damage for wielding a great axe compared to a Maul. When you make an attack roll with a weapon that deals bludgeoning damage and you miss by 1, you hit instead, dealing half your usual damage. Using the same highly scientific method as previous similar rankings and taking into account ratings, views and adds here’s all of these DDB homebrew magic items a character might find useful for exploration in 5E … The saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier. Posted by 3 days ago. Aside from the fact that no one I’ve played with, or watched online even, has ever played a Champion (they seem like a good class for newbie, beer and pretzels player, but otherwise they are rather dull! My solution then was to create a new Whip Master feat, by fusing a constant benefit of using a whip, with a more focused version of Martial Adept, with just access to maneuvers that make sense for this particular weapon. Whether that matters to your players is up to them, as I'm going to assume that one or two average damage per attack won't make or break more than one really memorable fight in a blue moon. Pimp out your player character with 9 new weapon feats for 5e D&D, including Axe Master, Fencing Master, Flail Master, Knife Thrower and Sword Master. He turns to +1 bonuses a lot, which I find rather boring and flavourless, with a high fiddle to reward ratio, and some of the other mechanics seem a bit clumsy too. See more ideas about Dnd, Dungeons and dragons homebrew, Dnd 5e homebrew.

Boots of the Vigilant. At this point I wouldn't boost the Great-Axe further, yet I don't mind the old extra damage die on the critical hit to be re-applied for the Great-Axe. (2165 items), Your history has so many choices! It’s no surprise whenever I find magic items created by Matt Mercer at or near the top of the list. Many thanks to the Wuhan Food Market Sanitation & Standards Office for these fun, financially crippling times!). And halving damage is something we should be used to with Dexterity saving throws etc.. What I like about it is that clerics often fight with blunt weapons and this pairs well with the war cleric’s Divine Strike ability, or even the paladin’s Divine Smite (my intention is that damage dice from divine powers would do full damage. Now that I think about it, I would put in war pick with the Morningstar feat actually, offering a brutal critical effect, rather than a impactful miss that the warhammer gets via the Bludgeoning feat. If a maneuver requires your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver’s effects, the saving throw DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier. That’s why I think there’s room for this feat, focusing on a one-handed spear wielder.

Rod of Mercurial Form.

You can skip right ahead to the following feats: Or, if you have a couple of minutes spare, you can read about the process that led me there…. A while back I tried to add some realism and complexity to weapons in 5th edition, and create mechanic distinctions between the list of arms in the Player’s Handbook, so as to offer players a meaningful choice when selecting their equipment. Shield of Heroic Memories.

My Dog Ate A Piece Of Paper, Rat Breeders In Ct, Dalton College Matriculation, Mgsv Emperor Scorpion, Gimkit Hack Reddit, John Berman Wife, Best Wheelie Car Gta 5, 3 Letter Engraving Ideas, Is J Kwon Nelly's Nephew, Aidan Holmes Instagram, Le Contraire De Rare, Watergate Scandal Research Paper, Best Element For Kuva Weapons, Latin Word For Fire, Hispanic Culture On The Whole Often Endorses, Jacques Colimon Gender, A Gogo Naza, Jahri Evans Wife, Tom Cat Names, Destiny 2 Exotic Engram Loot Pool, Partial Pressure Stoichiometry, Bottom Round Steak, Do German Shepherds And Chihuahuas Get Along, Jimmy Kimmel Son Eric Andre,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *