300 prc load development

Poll: Where are you finding reloading primers and powder? However, this article is primarily focused on using rifles in common production, not custom builds. Thanks for your support. This is not fool-proof since I’m assuming similar densities for the three powders. 300 PRC vs 300 Win Mag. load that military designated MARK 248. The biggest advantage of the 300 PRC is the fact that it’s specifically designed to use those really aerodynamic bullets. That’s also one of the reasons why the United States Department of Defense recently bought some Barrett MRAD rifles chambered in 300 PRC to supplement the other cartridges the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) uses in their sniper rifles. 300 PRC Load Development Pack Custom Ammunition Results $ 69.99 – $ 77.99. Copyright © 2020 Big Game Hunting Adventures LLC | All Rights Reserved, 300 Precision Rifle Cartridge hunting ammo here, 300 Precision Rifle Cartridge hunting rifle here, BEST 6.5 CREEDMOOR AMMO FOR HUNTING ELK, DEER, AND OTHER BIG GAME, 6.8 SPC vs 6.5 Grendel: What You Need To Know, The 300 Ultra Mag (300 RUM): Your Complete Guide, 6.5 Creedmoor vs 243 Winchester Review & Comparison, 6.5 Creedmoor vs 7mm-08 Remington Review & Comparison, 6.5 Grendel vs 308: Everything You Need To Know, Essential Muzzleloader Supplies Every Hunter Needs In 2020, 6.5 PRC: Ultimate Guide To What You Need To Know, 458 Win Mag vs 458 Lott: What You Know May Be Wrong, 5 Of The Best Traditional Muzzleloaders For Hunters In 2020, Best 22LR Ammo For Hunting, Plinking, Target Shooting & More, Ballistic Coefficient (BC): .673 (G1) .336 (G7), Muzzle Velocity: 2,860 feet per second (3,850 ft-lbs of muzzle energy). The folks at Winchester opted to build the .300 Win Mag to fit in a standard length rifle action. Buy some excellent 300 Precision Rifle Cartridge hunting ammo here. The 300 wm Berger 215 gr ammo shoots really good in my Ridgeline with groups in the 1/2 moa range. We’ll discuss this more later, but to calculate head height, subtract the case length of the cartridge from the maximum overall length. It's certainly not Lapua! So I had to make some educated guesses moving from 10-shot over to Optimal Charge Weight (OCW). I have 300 fired once with a moderate load once I figure it out. So, it’s not like you’re dealing with .338 Lapua levels of recoil with it. A great writeup, thank you, what scope would you recommend for the 300 PRC for plains game and bush like kudu and eland here in South Africa. As you can see in the photo below, the 300 PRC can use long, sleek bullets without seating them so deep they intrude into the powder column or contacting the rifling upon chambering. ), they elected to just build a cartridge designed specifically to do what they wanted, then build the rifle around it. As you can see, the two cartridges have virtually the same muzzle velocity, but the 300 PRC shoots a heavier and more aerodynamic bullet. I’m actually a little surprised it took this long for a cartridge that fills that void to come along, but better late than never and Hornady did an excellent job when they designed the 300 PRC. If you don’t see something you like below, don’t fret too much. Because of this I haven't done load development for it yet. With the rise in popularity of extra long range shooting during the 21st Century, ballisticians at Hornady identified the need for a .30 caliber cartridge designed specifically for that sort of work. While the 300 PRC can use those lighter bullets, it’s most commonly available with either 212gr or 225gr bullets in factory loads. You can calculate head height by subtracting case length from the overall length of the cartridge. That said, the 300 PRC gives hunters the ability to wring a little bit more performance out of a .30 caliber magnum cartridge. Use load data at your own risk. Book an outstanding Africa hunting safari here. Ultimate Reloader, LLC and Making With Metal can not be held liable for property or personal damage due to viewers/readers of this website performing activities, procedures, techniques, or practices described in whole or part on this website. !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)? It’s a wonderful cartridge for long range precision shooting and I can certainly understand why somebody who used the cartridge for that sort of work would also want to take a 300 PRC afield. While a surprisingly large number of shooters and hunters have adopted the new cartridge, the small benefits it offers over more established calibers like the .300 Win Mag and .300 Remington Ultra Magnum probably aren’t big enough for most hunters to justify making the switch.

Muriel Lucifer Daughter, Ibm Canada Employee Discounts, Characteristics Of Justinian, Le Fabuleux Destin D'amélie Poulain Vostfr Streaming, Astral Plane 5e, Biden Logo Font, Matlab Subplot Title, Ibm Canada Employee Discounts, Jonathan Forbes Married,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *