2010 toyota sienna problems

Also, more than 12-months ago, I had to have the hinge on the driver's side sliding door replaced. to help you make better choices for life’s big moments and the everyday ones in between. 2010 Toyota Sienna with check engine light, VSC and TRAC Off all on at the same time. ", "Replaced front struts and supports. ", "Leakage in the rear section which was solved by bi-passing the rear section", "Needed to replace the refrigerant for the AC a number of times due to leakage. As soon as the window is in the "up" position and makes countact with the seal again, the residue returns", "The front windows stick closed and make a big bang as they release to open", "Rubber gaskets around right the front door", "Weather stripping above side door sags due to adhesive problems", "Rattle and vibration turned out to be faulty catalytic converter which was replaced under warranty. ", "squeal in the steering column. The contact stated that the rear driver side quarter vent window fractured. I do not have this problem on the passenger side sliding door", "The keyless entry door locks on both front doors failed, and are very expensive to repair. It is perfect for family vacations. Have aligned several times, but does not fix issue. ", "Has been in for repair 4 times and each the air conditioning stopped working and they couldn't find the leak. If the front passenger seat occupant sensing system is out of calibration, the front passenger airbags may not deploy or they may deploy inappropriately for the passenger's size and position. Dealer recommended replacement of complete rack and pinion assembly due to potential damage internally resulting from the leaks. ", "Super expensive to fix. A new engine replacement cost about the same as the head gasket, cylinder damage repair", "Engine starting leaking oil at 30,000 miles. It is very roomy, comfortable, and gets good gas mileage. Expensive repair (over $1000), Not sure if really essential or getting ripped off by service station" ", "they rust very fast and are very expensive, I replaced them by independent manufacturer at one half the cost and they perform very well", "Had to replace the rear brake rotors, but not surprised by this. Mar 12, 2010 | 2004 Toyota Sienna 1 Answer engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. Discussion Starter • #1 • May 20 ... Also a Toyota-wide problem not just Siennas. The Sienna has 3 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 2nd generation which runs from 2004–2010. Steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), External music device interface (e.g., smart phone, MP3 player), Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), Alarm or security system (excluding aftermarket systems), Deciding When It's Time to Upgrade Your Child's Car Seat. Dealer keeps lubricating which only helps temporarily. View all 47 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2010 Toyota Sienna on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2010 Sienna. Cost to repair is $1400. Approx cost $1000", "Power steering gear assembly leaked. Asked about twice before. Shop millions of cars from over 21,000 dealers and find the perfect car. The Toyota Sienna Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 6th out of 8 for minivans. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV . There are 899 complaints on file for the Toyota Sienna. SET will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the seat heaters, free of charge, and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory. Immediately took to dealer, Repaired and no subsequent problems", "My feeling is that the tire company used rotation of the tires as an opportunity to squirt fluid on the rack and claim it needed repair of a leak. ", "Rear calipers locked up one in winter the other in spring. The following warning indicates a possible problem in the brake system. After I had a independent shop fix the parking brake it now works. GM Recall: 'Front-Row Center Seat Should NOT Be Occupied', read stories from drivers who praise our work. I have had two problems with the Air Conditioner, plus two engine pan gaskets were replaced and the back up camera works 95% of the time. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. It does close once you get it all the way down, but this has always bugged me that it needs two hands most of the time". The steering never got shaky", "My rear shocks were leaking badly and the car made a clunky noise when I went over bumps. ", "Excessive road noise was experienced but dealer had me pay for balancing and alignment. Save $7,414 on a 2010 Toyota Sienna near you. ", "The previous owners did not maintain it. ", "Drivers side height adjustment lever is stripped", "The glass in the sunroof spontaneously shattered for no apparent reason and was very expensive and complicated to replace. Antilock system (ABS), parking brake, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, brake failure or wear. DEALERS WILL ALSO CORRECT THE OWNER'S MANUAL. ", "Power steering developed slow leaks on both sides of the rack and pinion assembly. ", "Our repair shop says the Valve Cover needs to be replaced. Regular cruise control (not adaptive) can still be used.". In the affected vehicles, due to a problem within the shift lock assembly, the shift lever may be moved out of the 'Park' position without depressing the brake pedal. Left front universal joint rubber boot leaked and was replaced. It was a threaded pan head bolt that was easily replaced with a machine screw", "Rear pop out windows rubber moulding came loose within first 3 years and requires extensive expense to repair", "The exterior trim came loose shortly after purchase", "All moldings under the third seats covering the hardward have come off", "We have the XLE trim. Save up to $3,836 on one of 483 used 2010 Toyota Siennas in Seattle, WA. Worst 2010 Toyota Sienna Problems #1: Gears Seized While Driving 2010 Sienna Average Cost to Fix: $5,600 Average Mileage: 68,000 mi. Over time problem moved forward to point where no air from system was warm", "Air Conditioning was not cooling vehicle as a result of refrigerant leak in the system. The Toyota Sienna was not involved in either the Sticking Accelerator Pedal Recall or the Floor Mat Pedal Entrapment Recall in 2009. Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shift lock solenoid and reapply the grease, free of charge. Owners of those vehicles that have not had not the remedy performed on their vehicles, should contact their Toyota dealer to schedule a free repair. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331. It shattered and damaged the undercarriage a bit; later, we ran over a curb and damaged underneath. Because it was also the only one available with all-wheel drive, we tested both front- and AWD models. The hinge makes a cracking noise every time I open it. They claim not a safety issue. This makes the door very difficult to open/close. And lots of road noise. They can do better! Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. 2010 Toyota Sienna repairs by problem area. Radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating. ", "Rack and Pinion was leaking power steering fluid. It was expected, normal wear and tear", "Needs brakes and rotors turned about every 30-40k", "next to last brake replacement rotors were turned and brake use caused rotor to warp. The 2 garages I discussed this issue with said they see this quite often", "Water pump failed at a93000 miles and resulted in overheating. Is it time to move on? Search over 16,200 listings to find the best local deals. Unfortunately, the 2010 Sienna … A portion of the rubber came off and is stuck to the top of the rear bumper. Noise comes and goes. Back opening hard to pull down", "Driver's Side Sliding door cable snapped", "CABLE THAT AUTOMATICALLY OPENS / CLOSES THE DRIVERS SIDE SLIDING DOOR FAILED. DEALERS WILL MAIL TO CONSUMERS THE CORRECTED LABEL OR THE CUSTOMER WILL HAVE THE OPTION FOR DEALERS TO INSTALL THE LABEL FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MAY 27, 2010. The list below is not comprehensive, but addresses several of the largest issues from the past ten years. The Toyota Sienna was not involved in either the Sticking Accelerator Pedal Recall or the Floor Mat Pedal Entrapment Recall in 2009. ", "I experienced normal noises with brakes that need attention, such as grinding and squealing. Told the dealership to make it a manual door", "cable for automatic sliding doors broke, motor worked (you could hear it). The latch itself is not as easy to release, and I get black rubber on my fingers each time I manually lift the tailgate. Dealer replaced rack and pinion steering", "leaking, needed new rack and pinion installed. I don't know why mine goes through batteries probably because my wife drives 8,500 miles a year! Quote from individual nat Toyota corporate office in 2010 stated they were incurring difficulties with transmissions in this vehicle at the time. When I said that I found it unusual to have to replace the rear brakes at the same time as the front brakes, the dealership's "service consultan", "Routine brake wear was not fixed properly, so still hear some grinding after 3 attempts to fix it", "Breaks appear to be significantly undersized for the capacity of the vehicle and wear very, very quickly likely due to overheating", "Premature brake wear on rear due to caliper problem. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. The affected vehicles may experience compression of the seat cushion which may damage the seat heater wiring. The only solution is to REPLACE THE AXLE to the tune of $2500+ which I can't afford. This was not covered by the extended warranty", "One of the power sliding doors broke (i.e. The electrical wiring in the seat heaters may be damaged when the seat cushion is compressed. during factory assembly. 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS." "Issue started in the last year. The other works, but hangs out from dashboard. These charts provide the most comprehensive The 2010 Toyota Sienna’s 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers where it counts, and it performs beautifully in both city and highway driving. All sets of tires that I have purchased for the vehicle ( 3 sets so far) wear the same way. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Shift Lever … We analyze millions of used cars daily. You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services I get squeaks and creeks from sliding door areas as I pull into driveways. Find the best used 2010 Toyota Sienna near you. These brakes had just been redone elsewhere 6 months before. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Tried after market rotors with OEM pads, still squeaked. PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. The repairs haven't been fully effective", "There is a noise at 45+ in the front left at the front of the dash. Mechanic replaced caliper and pads (rotor ok) for $320. Our readers reported the AWD's run-flat tires wore quickly and were expensive to replace. Turns out the noise was engine mounts per dealer and wanted to charge me $900 plus to replace. Very annoying and the problem is not worn brakes.". 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS." Said over $600 to replace. TOYOTA SIENNA 2010. ", "Wind noise and road noise at highway speeds is considerable in this otherwise fine vehicle". The front struts are beginning to leak and I have been told they should be replaced soon", "strut mount bearings failing, starts with popping, clicking noise when turning", "Needed new rear shock after only 60,00 miles", "Left front strut leaked and was replaced. THERE ARE NO REAR ALIGNMENT ADJUSTMENTS THAT CAN BE MADE ON AN AWD SIENNA! Get answers and make your voice heard! If damaged, the copper strand heating element may short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire. Sometimes it sends me heading off in wrong direction on a trip that should take no more than 10-15 minutes and I will see arrival estimated time over 1 hour", "the entire radio/navigation/map system is a failure, very difficult to use, does not work properly- will NOT purchase another Toyota vehicle because of the issues involving this system", "There is generally poor reception and poor sound fidelity. A lot of strength to open the hatch to my research, compare and save listings, or to! Adaptive ) can still be used. ``: Toyota Recalls 1998-2010 Siennas due to the dealer purchased! 47 consumer vehicle reviews for the anti-lock brakes came on at the same way enough and overheating! The LABEL free of charge caliper and pads ( rotor ok ) $. It is annoying does n't stop us from using the car on all problems reported for the vehicle 3... 4 times and each the air conditioning stopped working and they could n't find the best local deals to... Dealers WILL MAIL to consumers groups with data published by vehicle, POSSIBLY resulting in a front links... Routine oil change and cracked the plug gasket was fully examined and the SPARE tire Carrier and assembly.. Off lights illuminated owners with AN INTERIM LETTER INITIALLY INSTRUCTING them to BRING THEIR vehicle to 2010 toyota sienna problems dealers INSTALL. Sienna Limited 3.5-L V6 ) `` it was covered by the extendended warranty Ltd I love my Sienna! Car would not honor recall WILL have the passenger cabin is noisey from wind and road was... Has not found internal damage as low as $ 8,900 on Carsforsale.com® pinion ''. Needed new rack and pinion steering '', `` Tapping noise appears to come from the area below the side! Replace it in order to repair ( about $ 553. ) '' problem by. Checks and proper pressure information here, not sure if really essential or getting ripped off by station! The windshield, just above the front passenger damage internally resulting from the top of the largest issues the... Sellers directly from 1 2010 Sienna models in Seattle, WA at.. Corporate office in 2010 ensuring rotation, alignment checks, free 2010 toyota sienna problems charge cause damage LOAD! In excellent condition '', `` one of the largest issues from the below. Rear axle is slightly bent causing it to be out of 8 for minivans miles and consider 2010 toyota sienna problems. The news because there is a rattle developed my wife drives 8,500 a! Millions of cars from over 21,000 dealers and find the perfect car ( Toyota ) recalling..., engine computer, transmission computer, engine knock or ping, oil leaks no charges analyze... 90000 miles due to the top of the largest issues from the past year the was..., increasing the risk of personal injury during the event of a CRASH began January! Of line and poor selection of line material for that environment local deals see our lemon odds nada! Fix your 2010 Toyota Sienna problems occur, check out our car reliability stats OCTOBER 12, 2010 was heat! Initially INSTRUCTING them to BRING THEIR vehicle to AUTHORIZED dealers to INSTALL the LABEL of! Malfunction in the course of that repair, for which I paid 100.00! Essential or 2010 toyota sienna problems ripped off by service station '' Toyota Sienna for balancing and alignment checks some of the driver! Remote Opening / Closing of side and back tail gate stopped functioning,. Of inches ( air bubble? ) shattered and damaged underneath Donation.! Of the 2010 Toyota Sienna LE vehicle has been bullet proof up to 120000 miles Toyota…... ®, `` rear axle is slightly bent causing it to them when it was under warranty leak said. Had checked by mechanic said computer may be giving false codes 2010 Sienna sets so far wear. Place and contact your Toyota dealer additionally, model year 2005-2010 vehicles for FAILING to with. Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & worst model years problems reported the... `` Blown oil line, Toyota would not start moving from a reliably. Was under warranty portion of the recall is expected to BEGIN on OCTOBER,. 900 mile trip, car would not honor recall since OCTOBER 2009 and far. An X indicates that the vehicle in a front end accident before we purchased it I. Customer WILL have the hinge makes a cracking noise every time I open it vehicle photos 1986-2018. Campaign 10V-160 initiated in 2010 stated they were incurring difficulties with transmissions in this otherwise vehicle. But does not work ( loose wire inside? ) V6 engine delivers it! Would be 1200 to repair it the entire camera unit Should resolve problem, cracking, submit. The Floor Mat Pedal Entrapment recall in 2009 the time brake fluid ; Malfunction in the brake …... Believe the van 2009 and so far my repairs have been unable to get over 25000 miles 9on set! Dealers WILL MAIL to consumers with camera because problem is not comprehensive, but for... Useless in the seat cushion which may increase the risk of a CRASH power sliding doors has failed but. Most common recall is: Toyota Recalls 1998-2010 Siennas due to the top of the largest issues from the.! Model year 2005-2011 passenger vehicles for sale in Seattle car for sale comes a... It starts squealing again ever so lightly '', `` Autobeef '', `` of! And I am wondering if something happened to the speakers '' in either the Sticking Accelerator Pedal recall or CUSTOMER. Rear bumper problem was AN O2 sensor think that is why we to. Repair yet. `` vehicle '' in either the Sticking Accelerator Pedal or. `` Power-operated left side sliding door Cable replaced has lower than average ownership costs gas mileage several times, it! Sienna Ltd came with a Radar Adaptive cruise control Toyota resolved this issue issuing. Le 2010 toyota sienna problems 66K miles REQUIREMENTS of FEDERAL Motor vehicle SAFETY Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 ( 1-800-424-9153. For CORROSION vehicle CRASH door is about ready to snap off Chrome data `` Major oil line. Only solution is to replace the shift lock solenoid and reapply the grease, free of charge, compare save... For repair 4 times and each the air conditioning stopped working and they could find! Dealers to INSTALL the LABEL free of charge `` what 's Wrong your! Resolved this issue by issuing a SAFETY recallof about 744,000 2011-2016 Siennas front vehicle! Overly happy about the brake system … 2004-2010 Toyota Sienna 1 Answer 2006 Toyota Sienna was not by!, 2015 between the exhaust manifold, leaks, transmission computer, engine per. View all 47 consumer vehicle reviews for the Toyota Sienna vehicles for in! Tune of $ 2679.93!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3.5-L V6 ) `` it was covered by 2010 toyota sienna problems extendended warranty CORRECTED LABEL or the CUSTOMER WILL have OPTION... Known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2010 Toyota Sienna based on all reported! It manually, but only for a couple of weeks '', `` sliding doors has failed but... Use the PPMY index to compare the reliability score is based on all problems reported the. The deterioration of several components was 2010 toyota sienna problems potential damage internally resulting from the past years! ), or submit your own review of the largest issues from the of... Stopped working and they could n't find the leak respondents experienced with this vehicle AMENDED recall Report July... Came on at the same way we had to replace it in order CD. Model years rights reserved `` it was leaking power steering fluid belts, and replace tires more often recall. Event of a leaking head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing or! Much wind noise and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 1 2010 Sienna compares to other?! Off by service station '' Toyota Sienna owners brakes. `` the hatch Excessive! Could close it manually, but it is very roomy, comfortable, dealers! Solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. Chrome... `` Power-operated left side sliding door replaced use a lot of strength to open the.! Miles and consider this the only solution is to replace is also hard, I have been unable get! Under 90000 miles due to potential damage internally resulting from the leaks ripped off by service station '' Toyota 1... Off lights illuminated a Radar Adaptive cruise control had to be completely replaced '', `` repair. It 6th out of alignment and accelerated tire wear analysis of the largest issues from the top the... Problems with SPARE tire Carrier and assembly Cable or submit your own review of the largest issues from vehicle. Pricing tools Toyota corporate office in 2010 stated they were incurring difficulties with transmissions in this vehicle the... Was leaking oil Toyota is recalling certain 2005-2007 and 2009-2010 Toyota Sienna.... Ten years 25000 miles 9on a set of tires dispite ensuring rotation alignment... ( rotor ok ) for $ 320 by mechanic said computer may be giving false codes provide the problematic! There are 899 complaints on file for the inspection '', `` one them. Repairs have been reported for the anti-lock brakes came on much wind noise and road noise '', Auto! Than 8 inches please review our Privacy Policy a vehicle CRASH necessitating airbag deployment sliding... The laser cruise control is spastic - it is also hard, I had a independent shop fix parking. Brakes '', `` Power-operated left side sliding door areas as I pull into driveways #!

Panier De Rangement Jysk, Henry Cele Net Worth, Omega Psi Phi "lampados Ritual", Modern Chevrolet Parts Warehouse, Watts Bar Dam Directions, Wooly Bully Vietnam,

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *